Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

"Mobile Network Is Not Available" Gio running CM 11

OP A_Lad_Insane

27th August 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
This is my first post here, so apologies if this isn't where my post belongs or I screw something else up.

So, I had a previous CM on my phone for awhile, whichever used 4.0.4 as memory serves.
Decided to try a 4.4.x based rom, and found a 4.4.2 rom which actually has a working camera, which seems to be always the problem with roms for the Gio.

I *thought* everything had gone smoothly, only to realize that my phone had no connection to the Mobile Network wasn't working. it took me a moment to figure out how to get that connection to work as this had not been a problem previously. my problem is the connection seems to be forgotten, on occasion, with little or no warning that I can neither make or receive calls nor SMS. Forcing me to search for the network, and reconnect.. shouldn't this happen automatically?

I hope I've provided enough information to be useful, if not I'd naturally be happy to provide what I can.

Thanks!

I'm on Virgin Mobile in Canada

Galaxy Gio

CM Version : 11.0-20140605
Android Vers: 4.4.2
Baseband Vers: S5660XXKS2
Kernel Vers:
2.6.35.7-androidarmv6+
jenkins@piripiri209 #1
Thu Jun 5 16:09:21 CEST 2014

Build Date: Thur Jun 5 15:40:49 CEST 2014

Build # :
cm_gio-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L
20140605 release-keys
27th August 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
I am using CM11 RC9 also meet the same problem, after a soft reboot then it show "Mobile Network Is Not Available", everything is work except using mobile network to surf the internet.
And there has another problem, sometime Wifi suddently no data transfer, I have to turn it off and turn on again, and it's working again.
27th August 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Electrifying
Thanks Meter: 235

1,028 posts
More
A newly flashed rom or sudden reboots activates 3G network mode. So switch to 2G in these cases.
28th August 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
It's a 3g/2g phone and 2g coverage doesn't seem to be as good in this area. I could understand if I were in a low-coverage area but it seems to be intermittent, it will be working fine, and then stop, then it will have trouble finding a network after searching multiple times. even then, again, should it not be doing something like this automatically? It shouldn't require manual intervention every time I lose signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_Rohit

A newly flashed rom or sudden reboots activates 3G network mode. So switch to 2G in these cases.

29th August 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Okay, I was out with the phone today and it was constantly losing the signal then not being able to find any networks "error searching for networks" so I think this rom is not really in a good place yet, I'll have to try my luck with something else.
3rd September 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Looks like it was a noob mistake on my part, I think the baseband was changed to an American S5660 one, namely XXKS2
I was able to apply one from an older Canadian S5660M rom from samfirmware.com, namely UGKG3.

So I *think* it's sorted, but I'll keep you up to date.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread