Simple2Ext for Android 4.4 4.3 4.2 or any other

Search This thread

Kapricornus

Oct 4, 2011
umm... I get this message everytime when I bootup, maybe I should do a full wipe .

Actually this means that you do not have enough space for dalvik-cache to be fully created.
So just try deleting some apps, or if your dalvik is stored on sd-ext, make your sd-ext bigger. And the problem is solved:)

Last edited:

voetbalremco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Re: Working Simple2Ext for Android 4.2

Actually this means that you do not have enough space for dalvik-cache to be fully created.
So just try delerting some apps, or if your dalvik is stored on sd-ext, make your sd-ext bigger. And the problem is solved:)

or move it back to internal

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

z0mbi@

Oct 3, 2012
So just try delerting some apps, or if your dalvik is stored on sd-ext, make your sd-ext bigger. And the problem is solved:)

or move it back to internal

Thanks. :eek:

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

I don't get this kinda of message :confused:

Sent from my Nexus

Sorry for mine worst English,sometime it's hard to let u understand what I saying. :)

rregn

Apr 25, 2012
only 4.2?

is it restricted to Samsung Galaxy Gio?
would it run also on ICS 4.0.4 ?
can i use the internal-SD-card for that?

thanks

Last edited:

condemort

Dec 23, 2013
bugs

Thanks konstantin12. It's a great app and script but with some bugs: Read buffer from S2E doesn't work. Empty file in /data/local/s2e_config/.read_ahead and if you move data/data to sd-ext/data some applications don't want to install (out of space) but there are space on second partition and on internal so... ??
Don't works cache fixers or deleting lost+found or re-partitioning and format the second partition...
Any help about that? Just Moving app and dalvik every app is installing with no problem.
Thank you.:good:

Pej20

Aug 28, 2012
why my application , paid apps , privet apps , app data is disable ? my sd card was partitioned and work in other custom rom ... plz help me tnx

firestone9x

Jan 16, 2014
This application works very well in increasing internal memory, but after installing a number of applications the (dalvik cache and applications options) are greyed from the s2e menu.
I also notice that the internal memory space starts getting used up.

FYI: I have only selected dalvik cahe and applications options from s2e

Does anyone experience this same issue?

Kapricornus

Oct 4, 2011
This application works very well in increasing internal memory, but after installing a number of applications the (dalvik cache and applications options) are greyed from the s2e menu.
I also notice that the internal memory space starts getting used up.

FYI: I have only selected dalvik cahe and applications options from s2e

Does anyone experience this same issue?

1. They are greyed out because there is not enough space in internal memory to move them back
2. Each app you install saves some information in /data folder, that's why it's natural that the more apps you install the less free internal memory you have

Last edited:

htceruno

Oct 8, 2014
apps or dalvik-cache to sd?

Hi,
I am running s2e in a HTC Sensation XE, and works wonderful. Not only I have more memory, but the general performance is better, is even faster than before, and I am using a cheap class 4 32 GB card.
Anyway, here is my question: For some recommendation I decided to keep the data/data in the internal memory, the rest in the ext partition on sd card. For the internal memory available I could move the /data/app OR /data/dalvik-cache. I think that if I move some of this two to internal memory, the sd card will have less work charge and will work better and increase the useful life, am I right?

So, the point is: which one should I move to internal? Or, in another words: which folder have more intense usage?

Thank you very much!

devrieshh

Mar 27, 2011
i am using s2e on a 2.3.7 rom,it installed good but when i open the icon it says ....SORRY

The application s2e(process ru.krikun.s2e)has stopped unexpectedly.please try again.
force close

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple2ext working on any android version.

Including
    Android 4.0
    Android 4.1
    Android 4.2
    Android 4.3
    Android 4.4

Here is the file itself

If you share this file, please give a link to an original thread
    UPDATE: New version compatible with Android 4.3 and 4.4
    Can you tell me how did you do?
    I'm one of the translators of S2E and I'm not good in Android App Dev (know nothing LOL) but if you want we can mod it from scratch. :D
    Who is the original developer to make s2e work???
    One more dev who pretends he made it possible http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2098841

Press the thanks button :)
    Sent from my Nexus

Me, cause,as you can see, I have released it on the 4th of January, and that guy did it 10 days later

And BTW I'm in his credits:)

well i have cwm 5.0.2.7 and i think it only creates ext2 not ext4?? and also i dunno a thing about partiotioning my sd card, any softwares or apps to do this? do i need a ram reader or sth?

You can use my TWRP or CWM 6 or MiniTool Partition Wizard for PC
    R: Working Simple2Ext for Android 4.2

Before moving anything, remove lost+found folder. It uses lots of space on sd-ext (fixes every sector for better performance with tune2fs -_-) but only on first boot.
    Remove with terminal or root explorer and you'll have missing space.