[ROM] [WIP] [VOLUNTEERS-NEEDED] AOSP-based ROM port from the Moto G

Search This thread

aapav01

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
@aapav01
Can you please give me (via PM) a copy of your CM (I know it doesn't boot) to try and merge with my ParanoidAndroid build?
It might (70%) work!
Please don't fail me!
I swear I'll destroy all copies when I'm done!

I already that tried that types of thing and just make it like this will not be useful and actually it stuck on GRand 2 logo :rolleyes:

Rox

Nov 11, 2012
Mostar
I have phone very simmilar to your ( s3 neo.with msm8226 ) and i am willing to help you. I am already in contact with one of developers for your phone. Maybe we can create chat on hangouts or.community to unify all samsung msm8226 devs...
My CM boots if i remove libsecnativefeature.so and after that RIL and camera wont work. Sound is buggy , shouldnt be so hard to fix it. I put SELinux on permissive , i will create policies later.
If you put libsecnativefeature.so in system/lib of booted rom, RIL starts working.
Working to fix rest of bugs... also we can make samsung msm8226 common repo and join CM for official builds.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a project I started to work on an AOSP ROM for our Grand 2.
    When it gets to boot successfully, I'll make a DevDB thread for it.

The Grand 2 and the Moto G share the same chipset, the Sanpdragon 400. I'm downloading it and applying a few patches to see if it works.
    I'll upload my success/failure here.

This is also a request for devs to help.
    No.

building Cm is fairly straight forward if your device is officially supported, this device doesnt have anything. someone needs to download the source code for CM, grab my devices trees and add in all the missing info by studying the stock rom and comparing it to similar device. this can take anywhere from days to months, and even then some devices end up with stuff that is forever broken.
    I have phone very simmilar to your ( s3 neo.with msm8226 ) and i am willing to help you. I am already in contact with one of developers for your phone. Maybe we can create chat on hangouts or.community to unify all samsung msm8226 devs...
    My CM boots if i remove libsecnativefeature.so and after that RIL and camera wont work. Sound is buggy , shouldnt be so hard to fix it. I put SELinux on permissive , i will create policies later.
    If you put libsecnativefeature.so in system/lib of booted rom, RIL starts working.
    Working to fix rest of bugs... also we can make samsung msm8226 common repo and join CM for official builds.
    that was my point, that those devices are closer because it has teh name samsung on it than this does to the moto g with the same chipset.

the moto g roms dont boot on the moto g 4g, times have changed to where roms are VERY device specific. i mean CWM has to have 2 versions because teh 4.3 version wont even work on teh 4.4 version..
    you guys can also try out redmi 1s rom.. its has same processor msm8226
    give it a try ;)
    http://xdaforums.com/redmi-1s