Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,803 Members 36,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Install stock firmware using Samsung kies

Tip us?

pearlborpuzari
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Tutorial [GUIDE] Install stock firmware using Samsung kies

Hi..

I have come across threads asking "how to install stock latest firmware on rooted devices"
or " No OTA updates on rooted devices"

So are you tired of searching the stock firmware ???

Here is the Guide to upgrade your phone with the latest firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 using Samsung Kies 3

NOTE : This processes will unroot your device & install the latest firmware from Samsung.

Things required :
A computer (Windows OS /MacOS) ,Kies 3 software, USB cable,Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102 in my case) & last but not least an active internet connection.

Steps :

Install Samsung Kies

Open Kies

Click on Tools

Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.
(Pop up window will appear)

Enter the device Model Number/Name (ie "SM-G7102" in my case) Note : Must be in uppercase.
& OK

Now Enter the S/N ( serial number) found on the sticker in the battery compartment
OR
From your phone go to Settings-->General -->About device --> Status-->Serial Number. Note : Must be in uppercase.
& Ok
Click Ok again.

Check Initialized Version of the firmware
To Proceed click OK

Check mark on Terms & Condition
Allow Saving

Turn off your phone
Go to download mode on your phone ( press volume down, home and power buttons at the same time until Warning!! appears on the display & press volume up key in order to enter download mode )
Connect your device
&
Click on Start Upgrade

Note : wait till the process get complete & do not unplug device during the upgrade process.

abilash10
Old
(Last edited by abilash10; 12th August 2014 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Default phone do not open it is sub brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlborpuzari View Post
hi..

i have come across threads asking "how to install stock latest firmware on rooted devices"
or " no ota updates on rooted devices"

so are you tired of searching the stock firmware ???

here is the guide to upgrade your phone with the latest firmware on samsung galaxy grand 2 using samsung kies 3

note : This processes will unroot your device & install the latest firmware from samsung.

things required :
A computer (windows os /macos) ,kies 3 software, usb cable,samsung galaxy grand 2 (sm-g7102 in my case) & last but not least an active internet connection.

steps :

install samsung kies

open kies

click on tools

firmware upgrade and initialization.
(pop up window will appear)

enter the device model number/name (ie "sm-g7102" in my case) note : Must be in uppercase.
& ok

now enter the s/n ( serial number) found on the sticker in the battery compartment
or
from your phone go to settings-->general -->about device --> status-->serial number. note : Must be in uppercase.
& ok
click ok again.

Check initialized version of the firmware
to proceed click ok

check mark on terms & condition
allow saving

turn off your phone
go to download mode on your phone ( press volume down, home and power buttons at the same time until warning!! Appears on the display & press volume up key in order to enter download mode )
connect your device
&
click on start upgrade

note : Wait till the process get complete & do not unplug device during the upgrade process.
any one tried this in kitkat 4.4.2? not working to me