FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

 View Poll Results: Which is better for grand 2...

4.3 jellybean
 
6 Vote(s)
60.00%
4.4 kitkat
 
4 Vote(s)
40.00%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] updates?????? kitkat

31st August 2014, 03:39 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag bhopal
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i have buyed grand 2 duos last week,,,,its indian version 4.3
i want to update it to 4.4 kitkat....should i do it...
i heard that people are facing issues regarding it...pls suggest advantages and what are the issues faced by u after updating to kitkat 4.4
 
 
31st August 2014, 06:03 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datasai7755

i have buyed grand 2 duos last week,,,,its indian version 4.3
i want to update it to 4.4 kitkat....should i do it...
i heard that people are facing issues regarding it...pls suggest advantages and what are the issues faced by u after updating to kitkat 4.4

Just go to Settings => general->about device and click on software updates. it will show you that update is available and you can update over the air or connect your phone to Samsung Kies3 in your PC and use the option for Firmware upgrade initialisation under tools



please click on thanks if you think i helped



regards


schubeir
1st September 2014, 08:29 PM |#3  
Member
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Nooooooooooooooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by datasai7755

i have buyed grand 2 duos last week,,,,its indian version 4.3
i want to update it to 4.4 kitkat....should i do it...
i heard that people are facing issues regarding it...pls suggest advantages and what are the issues faced by u after updating to kitkat 4.4



do not update...use it as it is 4.4 version is good for multitasking only but gaming performance is bad...For good gaming experience stay on 4.3..there are no changes in 4.4 compared to 4.3 ..do not update to 4.4
2nd September 2014, 12:28 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag bhopal
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up thanks but i have doubt
Quote:
Originally Posted by schubeir

Just go to Settings => general->about device and click on software updates. it will show you that update is available and you can update over the air or connect your phone to Samsung Kies3 in your PC and use the option for Firmware upgrade initialisation under tools



please click on thanks if you think i helped



regards


schubeir

thanks ....i dont know wether i should update or not,,,,,see i want a stable and fast phone with almost bug and lag free,,,pls suggest should i upgrade to 4.4
2nd September 2014, 12:31 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag bhopal
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lightbulb thanks but i have doubt
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashik008

do not update...use it as it is 4.4 version is good for multitasking only but gaming performance is bad...For good gaming experience stay on 4.3..there are no changes in 4.4 compared to 4.3 ..do not update to 4.4

thanks...
any new feature added in kitkat version,,,,,are their any advantages in updating to kitkat...
2nd September 2014, 12:41 PM |#6  
Member
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by datasai7755

thanks...
any new feature added in kitkat version,,,,,are their any advantages in updating to kitkat...


no use of upgrading.
4.4 bulid has a slight better multitasking not a deal
music album art on lockscreen thats it..
nothing new dont upgrade to kitkat
5th September 2014, 12:38 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question i want to restore 4.3 stock firmware , i hate kitkat 4.4.2 on sm-g7102
hi guys
i upgrade my phone sm-g7102 to kitkat 4.4.2 but i have many problems with it ....
now i want to restore my orginal firmware (stock firmware 4.3)c which were on before i upgrade to kitkat 4.4.2
please help me i hate kitkat
5th September 2014, 07:02 PM |#8  
unkown rockstar's Avatar
Senior Member
SOMEWHERE IN INDIA
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhd.abdulrahim

hi guys
i upgrade my phone sm-g7102 to kitkat 4.4.2 but i have many problems with it ....
now i want to restore my orginal firmware (stock firmware 4.3)c which were on before i upgrade to kitkat 4.4.2
please help me i hate kitkat

Actually currently its very difficult and you may can brick your device... . So better wait for few days.. . Some method to downgrade may come.. ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
grand 2 g7102 sm-g7102, grand kitkat upgrade, kitkat 4.4
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes