[Q] Gennxt Rom Issue

Search This thread

elanandkumar

Sep 1, 2011
Bangalore
I fixed wifi toggle issue by flashing 2.0 kernel. It can be downloaded from android original development section of grand 2. It is created by @##watchout##. I just completed it. Will update more on it later.

amitsidhani55

Apr 16, 2014
Ping
Ping!!
Bro send me ASAP I really need my wifi to be fixed! :Crying:???

Sent from my SM-G7102 using XDA Free mobile app

amitsidhani55

Apr 16, 2014
Hey man! I flashed kernel 2.1v but still my wifi toogle dint turn green. Why? Help

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app

deavdatta

Aug 11, 2014
I had the same issue after installing this ROM

Struggled so hard as i could not get the stock roms to install from ODIN with Signature error

Finally extracted the boot/recovery and system.img.ext from the stock rom and converted to ODIN Flashable TAR Files
Then i could boot with the Stock ROM BNG4 and this made the phone to go on stock recovery

Then tried flasing from ODIN again and it worked !!!

:(

elanandkumar

Sep 1, 2011
Bangalore
Flshed tht too. Still doesnt work

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app
1. Flash gennxt rom.
2. Data reset
3. Addon installation
4. Data reset
5. Now flash kernel 2.0 from cwm recovery.
6. Boot your device now.

If you are following all these steps, you must be able to toggle wifi switch.
Kernel version above 2.0 has wifi toggle issue.
My grand 2 is working just fine though i would like to go back to stock if there will be some fullproof solution to that.

Thanks,
Anand

coolvij

Aug 19, 2014
Bangalore
help me

I fixed wifi toggle issue by flashing 2.0 kernel. It can be downloaded from android original development section of grand 2. It is created by @##watchout##. I just completed it. Will update more on it later.

Hi Bro,

Provide me link link of kernel 2.0 correct to fix the wifi issue of kernel tel me steps to flash the kernal n also tell how to go back to stock

Please Bro.

elanandkumar

Sep 1, 2011
Bangalore
Hi Bro,

Provide me link link of kernel 2.0 correct to fix the wifi issue of kernel tel me steps to flash the kernal n also tell how to go back to stock

Please Bro.
Here is link to get the kernel....download the 2.0 version or read the thread if the wifi issue is fixed in the latest version, you can download that too.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-grand-2/orig-development/kernel-deds-v2-0-t2826715

After downloading it, follow the steps below:

# put the kernel into your sd card
# switch to recovery mode
# select install from zip option
# select to install from sd card where you placed the file.
# install it by selecting the kernel zip
Wait till it gets completed.

To go back to stock, either download the firmware from sammobile and flash it using odin or you can also use kies to initialize the firmware to stock.

Please let me know if need further help.

If i helped, press the thanks button. ;)

NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage or issue caused to your device by doing these. It is solely your responsibility whether you want to go ahead or not.

coolvij

Aug 19, 2014
Bangalore
Thanks a lot bro

Here is link to get the kernel....download the 2.0 version or read the thread if the wifi issue is fixed in the latest version, you can download that too.

To go back to stock, either download the firmware from sammobile and flash it using odin or you can also use kies to initialize the firmware to
stock.

NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage or issue caused to your device by doing these. It is solely your responsibility whether you want to go ahead or not.

Thanks a ton Bro yippee my wifi is working now, I have installed version 2.0. And as above mentioned I have downloaded stock on Sam mobile, before installing kernal if flash in doing mode I won't error rite because before I was getting error as "sw rev check fail 2> binary 1 " now if I flash in odin mode will it accept

elanandkumar

Sep 1, 2011
Bangalore
Thanks a ton Bro yippee my wifi is working now, I have installed version 2.0. And as above mentioned I have downloaded stock on Sam mobile, before installing kernal if flash in doing mode I won't error rite because before I was getting error as "sw rev check fail 2> binary 1 " now if I flash in odin mode will it accept
If you want to go back to stock you can do that using kies. I was getting the error mentioned by you with odin and kies both when the G7 was not released. After its release, I used kies to go to stock version. I have not used odin but i am sure that you will be able to do so coz the error code is same for both kies and odin.
Before trying, make a nandroid backup. Let us know. ??

coolvij

Aug 19, 2014
Bangalore
my grand is in stock rom

If you want to go back to stock you can do that using kies. I was getting the error mentioned by you with odin and kies both when the G7 was not released. After its release, I used kies to go to stock version. I have not used odin but i am sure that you will be able to do so coz the error code is same for both kies and odin.
Before trying, make a nandroid backup. Let us know. ??

Again I downloaded latest G7 stock from sammobile & flash from odin it accepted now I'm in stock rom , my device status official.

Thank a lot Bro for your advice & help:eek:

raj wedhikar

Sep 25, 2014
MUMBAI
Hey try installing deds kernel for grand2

I tried to do the clean install but it always fails. The process gets started and the the download mode gives error.

I don't have any other option yet. Anybody please release a patch or something to fix the strange issues as this rom is really great. I love it.

Download it from xda in grand 2 section/ kerenls

slimsthehack

Nov 29, 2014
Plzzz help

iam stuck my device was running gennxt superior kitkat rom and wifi was not working so i decided to flash a custum kernel and then i flashed then my device is not booting wat to do plzzz help thanks in advance:rolleyes:

Jan 2, 2015
I Was Having The Same Problem On GenNxt & I Flashed DedS Kernel 2.0 & The WiFi Works! Try It

& The Mobile Hotspot I Think That All Custom ROMS Have The Same Problem & There's No Solution :rolleyes:

Dec 28, 2015
I am Also Facing Same Problem The WIFi did not turning on instead of this every thing is working fine Plzzzzzzzz Help me To Fix WiFi Problem
Thanks in Advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flshed tht too. Still doesnt work

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app
    1. Flash gennxt rom.
    2. Data reset
    3. Addon installation
    4. Data reset
    5. Now flash kernel 2.0 from cwm recovery.
    6. Boot your device now.

If you are following all these steps, you must be able to toggle wifi switch.
    Kernel version above 2.0 has wifi toggle issue.
    My grand 2 is working just fine though i would like to go back to stock if there will be some fullproof solution to that.

Thanks,
    Anand
    Hi Bro,

Please Bro.

To go back to stock, either download the firmware from sammobile and flash it using odin or you can also use kies to initialize the firmware to stock.

Balliboxer( developer of the gennxt ROM) is working on it he is soon goona fix it

Sent from my SM-G7102 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I tried to do the clean install but it always fails. The process gets started and the the download mode gives error.

I don't have any other option yet. Anybody please release a patch or something to fix the strange issues as this rom is really great. I love it.

Give me some time I will download the stock firmware and upload it some where else give me a day's time

Not working even after enabling USB debugging

USB debugging should be ON its important

It is still not working even after enabling usb debugging. :confused::crying: