[Q] Is my grand 2 bricked?

OP fakhri_the_kid_rs

25th August 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #21  
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 14

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhaxandroids

I mean, at the word Can Samsung means, Can Samsung Technician update my Grand 2 to KK?
I think Samsung Indonesian have released the KK Grand 2 Update, my sis grand 2 already updated.
When I was going to update it via OTA update, it says your software has been recent and no need to update.

Nope. Samsung Kies is the software program for samsung mobile devices. Sometimes when OTA updates don't roll out, Kies proves helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to sajidbinraheem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #22  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Phone Let's root from KK. Not JB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidbinraheem

Nope. Samsung Kies is the software program for samsung mobile devices. Sometimes when OTA updates don't roll out, Kies proves helpful.

You know what, Sajid? Rooting from 4.3 JB was a bad idea. After you root, you can't recieve updates anymore unless if I was unrooted.
Emm... Let's just root it at KK. Do you know how to root Grand 2 from KK?

P.S I will accept you as my friend.
28th August 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #23  
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 14

39 posts
You Can Update Even If You Are Rooted.
Quote:

You know what, Sajid? Rooting from 4.3 JB was a bad idea. After you root, you can't recieve updates anymore unless if I was unrooted.
Emm... Let's just root it at KK. Do you know how to root Grand 2 from KK?

P.S I will accept you as my friend.

I also rooted my device on 4.3 JB. Then I downloaded 4.4.2 from www.sammobile.com and flashed it via Odin. But you can also update through Samsung Kies, even if you are rooted. Did you give it a try? And yes, you can root latest KK. Just follow the thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...g7102-t2794016
P.S: Thanks for your friendship offer. Friends are always always worth having!
The Following User Says Thank You to sajidbinraheem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #24  

2 posts
nooo , your phone is not brick . it just bootloop .
how to fix it ? just flash back your firmware .
28th August 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #25  
Flag Bandung

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidbinraheem

I also rooted my device on 4.3 JB. Then I downloaded 4.4.2 from www.sammobile.com and flashed it via Odin. But you can also update through Samsung Kies, even if you are rooted. Did you give it a try? And yes, you can root latest KK. Just follow the thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...g7102-t2794016
P.S: Thanks for your friendship offer. Friends are always always worth having!

I already accepted you as a friend and now I'm downloading the KK Update via OTA. It was cost 378.74MB. and it takes like 2-1 hours to complete
via wifi. If I was downloading the rom via sammobile and flashing it using odin, It takes 9 hours to complete (depending on my download speed.
My downloads speed are low.) And, hopefully I will root my Grand 2 someday.

My Wi-Fi Connection in my home are so slooooow...
and it's still downloading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-28-14-25-34.png
Views:	29
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	2915231  
31st August 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #26  

7 posts
Quote:

So, How do I root my Grand 2 using Odin? (My friend said, "When you root your Grand 2 with CF-Auto Root, the recovery mode was blank.)

yup man when u do auto root thn the recovery is blank...
I had done autoroot...n when I went to recovery mode it was blank...
here is the solution for this...
autoroot your grand2 with odin with cf autoroot...after u r rooted download the cwm recovery and move it to pc...now open odin and make ur phn to download mode (volume down + home+power)..thn put the cwm tar file in ap orp da section of odin...untick the autoreboot button ...thn click start...after the flashing is done odin will show pass...thn pull out the usb ...n switch it off...thn reboot once after u open..
now open recovery mode u wl surely get the recovery..
its done...hit like if u like my post..[emoji53]
2nd September 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 52

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakhri_the_kid_rs

According to Samsung Technician Slip, the problem was the bootanimation logo was hang and the acc files were gone.
So, the technician replaces the PBA part with the new one and install stock rom 4.3 JB (The most updated one.)
But there was no signs of Kitkat update for my Grand 2, But everything was back to normal

All I can do now is blame the creator of the Gennxt Kitkat Cusrom (a.k.a. Balliboxer).

(P.S for Balliboxer, Please stop making ****ty ROM that cracked from the S5, Note 3 or, whatever! Just stop making ****ing CusROMS! It bricks!)

And indonesian kid.. Im indonesian kid too.. And i never bricked my phone! Read carefully the instruction to install the OS !!

If you like my post.. Dont say thanks... Click the Thanks Button

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread