FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Grand 2 Duos in Brazil: model number SM-G7102T (not G7102)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By chicao, Junior Member on 22nd March 2014, 05:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th April 2015, 02:28 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.augusto.souza

Hi friend... Iīm from Brazil too and I have a g7102t. When you rooted the phone, the TV stay works?
I have some issues on my smartphone. The battery is very hot and terminate so fast. The GPS is very slow to connect.
I need to upgrade to 4.4.4 or 5.0 (CM12). But I canīt lose TV function.
Can you help me?

Hi Thiago! I'll write in English, as the answer may be useful to people from other countries. I really don't know if there is GM-7102T in any other country, or if it's a Brazil-only version.

Everything works fine after rooting, including embedded TV. Unfortunately my phone broke some months ago, and I've changed to other model. So I think I can't help you with the other issues.

Francisco

15th April 2015, 02:35 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Francisco! Tks for response! I'll try to root too. But do you know if cm12 still works built in TV?
15th April 2015, 02:38 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Hi Francisco! Tks for response! I'll try to root too. But do you know if cm12 still works built in TV?

I don't know anything about CM12 on G7102T. I've used only a rooted stock ROM.

I guess TV won't work, as it requires specific software. But you can try it and reinstall original ROM back if it doesn't work.
24th April 2015, 05:49 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicao

I don't know anything about CM12 on G7102T. I've used only a rooted stock ROM.

I guess TV won't work, as it requires specific software. But you can try it and reinstall original ROM back if it doesn't work.

Dear Chicao,
Do you think that itīs possible do a backup of TVīs software (with Titanium Backup) and restore on CM12?
Regards,
Thiago.
1st May 2015, 03:26 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:

Dear Chicao,
Do you think that itīs possible do a backup of TVīs software (with Titanium Backup) and restore on CM12?
Regards,
Thiago.

The tv app uses a lot of libs and system files tb won't backup. I already did it.

We already lost the hope on getting an official update for the g7102, didn't we?

Sent from my Note3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread