FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Grand 2 Duos SM-G7106 does not enter download mode

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By haneef95, Junior Member on 26th July 2014, 11:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
6th February 2015, 01:33 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash87

Flash CWM or TWRP through odin..den flash su binaru 2.45 from recovery. su binary 2.45 available in chainfire site.Gud Luck

Thanks for the tutorial buddy! Is it possible you can walk me thru it? Even though I'm kinda lurking here for quite some time, still some things are alien to me. I hate to say this, but, can you spoon-feed me the instructions in doing so? Would really appreciate your help!

Thanks!

7th February 2015, 08:31 PM |#12  

More
Hi.

I just got also a Grand 2 G7106, and does the same thing - chinese menus instead of recovery mode. Found a video on youtube that explained which single item does, and most are only a bunch of tests, and one for factory reset, but still with this same issue.

I also would like to know how to use odin without entering in download mode.
9th February 2015, 02:39 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacp

Hi.

I just got also a Grand 2 G7106, and does the same thing - chinese menus instead of recovery mode. Found a video on youtube that explained which single item does, and most are only a bunch of tests, and one for factory reset, but still with this same issue.

I also would like to know how to use odin without entering in download mode.

Hey buddy, try using SRS root software if you wanted to root your phone. If you're lucky enough that its not the G7106znuank1 model, then it can be rooted thru it. Otherwise, you'll be stuck like me. lol.. good luck!
21st February 2015, 08:54 PM |#14  

More
looks like i am stuck with you guys too. Have the same Samsung SM-G7106 . I tried using ODIN to install CWM. Despite Odin saying that it is PASS and device rebooted itself, when i try to go into recovery mode (CWM) it goes into default Android recovery mode instead with (write protected) ... i tried TWRP too using ODIN and it is not working. Tried both Odin 3.09 and 3.10
23rd April 2015, 04:59 AM |#15  
Flag San Diego

More
If you're still looking for a way to root your SM-G7106, I managed to do it with the KingoRoot app.

super simple process. It's based on Chainfire.

I should mention this was with: G7106znuank1
Last edited by armature; 23rd April 2015 at 05:00 AM. Reason: additional details
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread