Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HELP] SM-G7102 Recovery Mode issue

OP citBabY

25th August 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #1  
citBabY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Helwan, Egypt
Thanks Meter: 15
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Hello all, so today I downloaded 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from sammobile site, flashed it without backup or any **** (I've done it before on my tablet and worked like A CHARM) and "finally" got KitKat on my Grand 2 Duos. Then it all started happening after that:

I first started noticing some strange and weird bugs, like I can't lock the screen, notifications never get cleared, it felt like the phone got frozen.

It is known for sure that after I installed the firmware, the recovery mod that I had is gone and replaced with stock one, so I tried flashing a .tar file for rooting my phone (It was actually to use via recovery, not via flash... I lacked information back then), after flashing it, I could boot into recovery mode no more. Even after flashing the 4.4.2 firmware again, I even saw it installing a "recovery.img" file but with no good. When I try to boot into recovery mode it writes at the top "Could not do normal boot" and then "ODIN Mode" and the rest as I used to see before.

Then I started searching the web for solutions relating to the bugs I noticed earlier, found a thread instructing to remove battery, SIM card and microSD card, then re-installing them again except the microSD card... It actually fixed the stated bugs! But I still don't feel relaxed. I want to fix this (idk if this is called "bricked" or no!) issue about recovery mode, and get back to 4.3 as this scared me as f**k.

NOTE: I flashed CWM and TWRP .tar files that I already had, to no avail.
25th August 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 130
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Now does ur mobile boot ? Or is it stuck in the logo ?

Hakuna matata !
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanjuujosephh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
citBabY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Helwan, Egypt
Thanks Meter: 15
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuujosephh

Now does ur mobile boot ? Or is it stuck in the logo ?

Hakuna matata !

Well I already stated (if you read my whole thread) that it works normally, running 4.4.2 atm without microSD card inserted, it works like the past except for two points:

1- My root access is gone.
2- I can't reboot into recovery mode at all, no matter what I try.
25th August 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 130
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Wow u screwed up ur recovery itself ....wow u r awesome ! Just check if it goes to download mode if it does then flash it again with the latest firmware .... After flashing immediately try going to recovery and if u do ..... do the reset and wipe cache

Hakuna matata !
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanjuujosephh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #5  
citBabY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Helwan, Egypt
Thanks Meter: 15
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuujosephh

Wow u screwed up ur recovery itself ....wow u r awesome ! Just check if it goes to download mode if it does then flash it again with the latest firmware .... After flashing immediately try going to recovery and if u do ..... do the reset and wipe cache

Hakuna matata !

After I flash the firmware it automatically goes to a recovery screen, a progress bar gets filled then opens the Android system normally. After that when I try to go to recovery mode again it goes back to download mode again with the error text "Could not do normal boot".
25th August 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #6  
citBabY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Helwan, Egypt
Thanks Meter: 15
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Problem.... Fixed? .___.
Well for some reason on the third (and thought it's hopeless) attempt to flash the firmware again, I managed to open recovery mode after it, I was kissing the Reset Factory button.


As long as I find this weird, working on many attemps (maybe Samsung software itself fails?) I find this thread useless, thanks given to Sanjuujosephh! I inserted my microSD and it's working now, rebooted again into recovery and it's working as it should be.
The Following User Says Thank You to citBabY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 215
 
432 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by citBabY

Hello all, so today I downloaded 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from sammobile site, flashed it without backup or any **** (I've done it before on my tablet and worked like A CHARM) and "finally" got KitKat on my Grand 2 Duos. Then it all started happening after that:

I first started noticing some strange and weird bugs, like I can't lock the screen, notifications never get cleared, it felt like the phone got frozen.

It is known for sure that after I installed the firmware, the recovery mod that I had is gone and replaced with stock one, so I tried flashing a .tar file for rooting my phone (It was actually to use via recovery, not via flash... I lacked information back then), after flashing it, I could boot into recovery mode no more. Even after flashing the 4.4.2 firmware again, I even saw it installing a "recovery.img" file but with no good. When I try to boot into recovery mode it writes at the top "Could not do normal boot" and then "ODIN Mode" and the rest as I used to see before.

Then I started searching the web for solutions relating to the bugs I noticed earlier, found a thread instructing to remove battery, SIM card and microSD card, then re-installing them again except the microSD card... It actually fixed the stated bugs! But I still don't feel relaxed. I want to fix this (idk if this is called "bricked" or no!) issue about recovery mode, and get back to 4.3 as this scared me as f**k.

NOTE: I flashed CWM and TWRP .tar files that I already had, to no avail.

Dear friend,
Try my rooting thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...and-2-t2821638
This is made specifically for the KitKat Grand 2.
The message "Could not do normal boot" came as a result of using 4.3 recovery on 4.4.2.
Do not ever attempt to revert to 4.3 as this will HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE'S MOTHERBOARD.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by citBabY

Hello all, so today I downloaded 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from sammobile site, flashed it without backup or any **** (I've done it before on my tablet and worked like A CHARM) and "finally" got KitKat on my Grand 2 Duos. Then it all started happening after that:

I first started noticing some strange and weird bugs, like I can't lock the screen, notifications never get cleared, it felt like the phone got frozen.

It is known for sure that after I installed the firmware, the recovery mod that I had is gone and replaced with stock one, so I tried flashing a .tar file for rooting my phone (It was actually to use via recovery, not via flash... I lacked information back then), after flashing it, I could boot into recovery mode no more. Even after flashing the 4.4.2 firmware again, I even saw it installing a "recovery.img" file but with no good. When I try to boot into recovery mode it writes at the top "Could not do normal boot" and then "ODIN Mode" and the rest as I used to see before.

Then I started searching the web for solutions relating to the bugs I noticed earlier, found a thread instructing to remove battery, SIM card and microSD card, then re-installing them again except the microSD card... It actually fixed the stated bugs! But I still don't feel relaxed. I want to fix this (idk if this is called "bricked" or no!) issue about recovery mode, and get back to 4.3 as this scared me as f**k.

NOTE: I flashed CWM and TWRP .tar files that I already had, to no avail.

Dear friend,
Try my rooting thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...and-2-t2821638
This is made specifically for the KitKat Grand 2.
The message "Could not do normal boot" came as a result of using 4.3 recovery on 4.4.2.
Do not ever attempt to revert to 4.3 as this will HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE'S MOTHERBOARD.
اقرأ الموضوع اللي كتبته خصوصي للجراند 2 بنظام كت كات
رسالة Could not do normal boot طلعت بسبب استخدام ريكفري قديم ع الكت كات
الموضوع الجديد فيه ريكفري جديد.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes