FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[HELP] SM-G7102 Recovery Mode issue

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By citBabY, Senior Member on 25th August 2014, 03:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello all, so today I downloaded 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from sammobile site, flashed it without backup or any **** (I've done it before on my tablet and worked like A CHARM) and "finally" got KitKat on my Grand 2 Duos. Then it all started happening after that:

I first started noticing some strange and weird bugs, like I can't lock the screen, notifications never get cleared, it felt like the phone got frozen.

It is known for sure that after I installed the firmware, the recovery mod that I had is gone and replaced with stock one, so I tried flashing a .tar file for rooting my phone (It was actually to use via recovery, not via flash... I lacked information back then), after flashing it, I could boot into recovery mode no more. Even after flashing the 4.4.2 firmware again, I even saw it installing a "recovery.img" file but with no good. When I try to boot into recovery mode it writes at the top "Could not do normal boot" and then "ODIN Mode" and the rest as I used to see before.

Then I started searching the web for solutions relating to the bugs I noticed earlier, found a thread instructing to remove battery, SIM card and microSD card, then re-installing them again except the microSD card... It actually fixed the stated bugs! But I still don't feel relaxed. I want to fix this (idk if this is called "bricked" or no!) issue about recovery mode, and get back to 4.3 as this scared me as f**k.

NOTE: I flashed CWM and TWRP .tar files that I already had, to no avail.

25th August 2014, 03:57 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Now does ur mobile boot ? Or is it stuck in the logo ?

Hakuna matata !
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanjuujosephh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:02 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Helwan, Egypt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuujosephh

Now does ur mobile boot ? Or is it stuck in the logo ?

Hakuna matata !

Well I already stated (if you read my whole thread) that it works normally, running 4.4.2 atm without microSD card inserted, it works like the past except for two points:

1- My root access is gone.
2- I can't reboot into recovery mode at all, no matter what I try.
25th August 2014, 04:05 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Wow u screwed up ur recovery itself ....wow u r awesome ! Just check if it goes to download mode if it does then flash it again with the latest firmware .... After flashing immediately try going to recovery and if u do ..... do the reset and wipe cache

Hakuna matata !
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanjuujosephh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:15 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Helwan, Egypt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuujosephh

Wow u screwed up ur recovery itself ....wow u r awesome ! Just check if it goes to download mode if it does then flash it again with the latest firmware .... After flashing immediately try going to recovery and if u do ..... do the reset and wipe cache

Hakuna matata !

After I flash the firmware it automatically goes to a recovery screen, a progress bar gets filled then opens the Android system normally. After that when I try to go to recovery mode again it goes back to download mode again with the error text "Could not do normal boot".
25th August 2014, 05:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Helwan, Egypt

More
Problem.... Fixed? .___.
Well for some reason on the third (and thought it's hopeless) attempt to flash the firmware again, I managed to open recovery mode after it, I was kissing the Reset Factory button.

As long as I find this weird, working on many attemps (maybe Samsung software itself fails?) I find this thread useless, thanks given to Sanjuujosephh! I inserted my microSD and it's working now, rebooted again into recovery and it's working as it should be.
The Following User Says Thank You to citBabY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 06:49 PM |#7  
Flag Amman, Jordan - عمان، الأردن
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by citBabY

Hello all, so today I downloaded 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from sammobile site, flashed it without backup or any **** (I've done it before on my tablet and worked like A CHARM) and "finally" got KitKat on my Grand 2 Duos. Then it all started happening after that:

I first started noticing some strange and weird bugs, like I can't lock the screen, notifications never get cleared, it felt like the phone got frozen.

It is known for sure that after I installed the firmware, the recovery mod that I had is gone and replaced with stock one, so I tried flashing a .tar file for rooting my phone (It was actually to use via recovery, not via flash... I lacked information back then), after flashing it, I could boot into recovery mode no more. Even after flashing the 4.4.2 firmware again, I even saw it installing a "recovery.img" file but with no good. When I try to boot into recovery mode it writes at the top "Could not do normal boot" and then "ODIN Mode" and the rest as I used to see before.

Then I started searching the web for solutions relating to the bugs I noticed earlier, found a thread instructing to remove battery, SIM card and microSD card, then re-installing them again except the microSD card... It actually fixed the stated bugs! But I still don't feel relaxed. I want to fix this (idk if this is called "bricked" or no!) issue about recovery mode, and get back to 4.3 as this scared me as f**k.

Dear friend,
Try my rooting thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...and-2-t2821638
This is made specifically for the KitKat Grand 2.
The message "Could not do normal boot" came as a result of using 4.3 recovery on 4.4.2.
Do not ever attempt to revert to 4.3 as this will HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE'S MOTHERBOARD.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by citBabY

Dear friend,
Try my rooting thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...and-2-t2821638
This is made specifically for the KitKat Grand 2.
The message "Could not do normal boot" came as a result of using 4.3 recovery on 4.4.2.
Do not ever attempt to revert to 4.3 as this will HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE'S MOTHERBOARD.
اقرأ الموضوع اللي كتبته خصوصي للجراند 2 بنظام كت كات
رسالة Could not do normal boot طلعت بسبب استخدام ريكفري قديم ع الكت كات
الموضوع الجديد فيه ريكفري جديد.
10th January 2015, 03:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help me plzz
hey.... wht did u do evn i m stuck there??? plzzz help..got KitKat on my Grand 2 got KitKat on my Grand 2 Duos. Then it all started happening after that:

It is known for sure that after I installed the firmware, the recovery mod that I had is gone and replaced with stock one, so I tried flashing a .tar file for rooting my phone (It was actually to use via recovery, not via flash... I lacked information back then), after flashing it, I could boot into recovery mode no more. Even after flashing the 4.4.2 firmware again, I even saw it installing a "recovery.img" file but with no good. When I try to boot into recovery mode it writes at the top "Could not do normal boot"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread