Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 41,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP THREAD][NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask Any Questions

Tip us?

Rahul10
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmoonbase View Post
Dear All ... i have this issue :
when i change BBM Display Picture with Galeri it result like this " unfortunately Gallery has stopped" ...

can anyone help my galery ?

PS: am using Kitkat XSE G8 stock firmware (n ... yess it rooted)

Try clearing cache in recovery mode..
The Following User Says Thank You to Rahul10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sajidbinraheem
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Any working CWM recovery for NH3 (INU)?

I have my grand 2 updated to stock NH3. Any confirmed CWM recovery working for this?

abilash10
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thumbs up yup it worked 100 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidbinraheem View Post
I have my grand 2 updated to stock NH3. Any confirmed CWM recovery working for this?
yup it do work. i rooted my device.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown rockstar View Post
Download the latest firmware or any firmware which u like. (u can get at sammobile. com) and flash via odin
ok i will do same

sajidbinraheem
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Yes it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abilash10 View Post
yup it do work. i rooted my device.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

ok i will do same
Oh yes, it did work. I have rooted my device successfully.

abilash10
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidbinraheem View Post
Oh yes, it did work. I have rooted my device successfully.
ok bro

kinghari
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help in rooting grand 2

Hi there. I am a noob with android but I am pretty sure I know how to follow instructions. I want to root my phone Galaxy Grand 2 Duos. Yes, I only want to root it and still run the official firmware. After doing research, I tried Towelroot but it did not work. Then I tried the CF Autoroot instructions. After flashing with Odin3.09, it gave me the success notification. But after reboot, I got stuck with the download mode. I cannot enter into recovery mode. I have tried removing the battery and enter recovery mode but to no avail. I was worried that I have already bricked my phone but I know that the good thing is that it still turns on. I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions in CF autoroot correctly and used the correct CF autoroot file for my device. My device got the update via OTA before I tried the rooting procedure so I wonder if the new update affected the result. After flashing, at the upper left portion on the download mode screen, I remember it says that binary is custom while firmware is official. It also says qualcom secure boot = enable. Right now, my device is back to normal as I flashed the official firmware again. But I am not loosing hope on rooting it so I posted here for help. Here are my device details:
Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102)
Android 4.4.2
Build number: KOT49H.G7102XWUBNH1
The firmware update I got recently was dated August 20.
I know a lot of you guys here are very knowledgeable on this so I am thanking you in advance.