FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to root samsung galaxy grand 2

25th April 2014, 08:03 AM |#51  
Junior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I rooted using CF Root tool

http://download.chainfire.eu/400/CF-...xx-smg7102.zip

It worked on D1 stock ROM.
 
 
9th May 2014, 02:19 PM |#52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
rooting failed, need help
hi guys..newbie here mind if i ask help? i think i had softbrick my grand 2 phone when trying to root using cf root file i found somewhere in the net. no i can;t open my phone and when i tried again to root using gennext preroot rom of SM-G7012 it stucks only on "Leave CS..." it apperas after successfully checking MD5.. i just had tgis phone 3 days ago huhuhuhuhu any help guys?
9th May 2014, 03:46 PM |#53  
Mansoor1223's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Smile Can You Go To Download Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbs17

hi guys..newbie here mind if i ask help? i think i had softbrick my grand 2 phone when trying to root using cf root file i found somewhere in the net. no i can;t open my phone and when i tried again to root using gennext preroot rom of SM-G7012 it stucks only on "Leave CS..." it apperas after successfully checking MD5.. i just had tgis phone 3 days ago huhuhuhuhu any help guys?

Bro just tell me can you go to download mode? Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button At the same time, wait until phone boots in download mode.

Now if your phone boots in download mode so just download the stock official stock firmware and flash it via Odin.

I had the same error but just did it via flashing firmware.
9th May 2014, 03:58 PM |#54  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i can go to download mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansoor1223

Bro just tell me can you go to download mode? Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button At the same time, wait until phone boots in download mode.

Now if your phone boots in download mode so just download the stock official stock firmware and flash it via Odin.

I had the same error but just did it via flashing firmware.

yes bro i can..but just tried asking here anticipating somebody might suggest it and here you are bro.. thanks for the positive feedback..regarding stock firmware i found one here : androidcentral.us/2014/02/android-4-3-official-firmware-xxuanb2-galaxy-grand-2-duos/
how about yours bro? ughh our dsl's connection is soooooo slow, file is as big as 1.5G ..10 yrs i guess to finish donload hahaha

i really wanna try rooted rom of gennext coz i find it very cool
10th May 2014, 03:49 AM |#55  
Mansoor1223's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
You can have the guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbs17

yes bro i can..but just tried asking here anticipating somebody might suggest it and here you are bro.. thanks for the positive feedback..regarding stock firmware i found one here : androidcentral.us/2014/02/android-4-3-official-firmware-xxuanb2-galaxy-grand-2-duos/
how about yours bro? ughh our dsl's connection is soooooo slow, file is as big as 1.5G ..10 yrs i guess to finish donload hahaha

i really wanna try rooted rom of gennext coz i find it very cool

Here is also an official firmware for your device and with guide @ Official Firmware for Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102
10th May 2014, 04:05 AM |#56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
tanx much
tanx bro..will use it as a back-up file..i had already fixed myphone around 3am this morning haha.. flashed it with stock rom then rooted it with gennext..
it was so funny actually because what i had mentioned regarding "leave cs..." was actually the signal to click "start" button so to proceed with the flashing..hehe weow, the process was kinda different than what was being instructed by details.. at least i was able to figure out the solution all by myself. Anyway, tanx much again bro..God bless..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Grand 2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank