A problem with mobile data and dual sim function !,plz help

OP nero007

31st May 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi guys ,i hope u can help me with this..
recently i just got the grand 2 like 2 months ago...when i tried to activate mobile data (of sim1) i had a problem ,it's not working,
I tried to trouble shoot the problem by changed apn's and stuff like that with the cust service,,nothing,
however,when i remove the 2nd sim the data of the sim1 ( which i want to activate) starts working ,I always make sure that sim1 os on wcdma and sim 2 mode is on gsm...i had sim 2 as clipped micro sim,however went to store and got a brand new micro sim to see if the clipped one was the problem ,nothing changed ,also swapped their position and placed sim1 in place of sim 2 and voice versa ,nothing happened same problem ,,,I also sometimes get a message saying:
the mobile network will be unavailable until you restart with a valid sim card inserted ,,and only the restart button available and u can't override it by pressing home key or anything so restarting in this case would be mandatory ,,that's why i chaned the 2nd sim card but nothing happened.
now i still can't get mobile data on my neww phone from sim1 and it's driving me crazy ,i think it's a software issue but am not sure cuz when i go to sim card manager and change the data service network to sim2 then put it back on sim1 ,some times the H+ appears and it works ,but not always and not for a long time,,,,,so the problem is between mobile data and dual sim functionality ,do u have this as a common issue ???,,please help
again ts steps i made:
1-re positioned sims in place of each other.
2-changed sim2 into an original micro sim instead of the clipped one i used to have.
3-i reset phone to factory defaults but same problem appeared
1st June 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 102

364 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero007

Hi guys ,i hope u can help me with this..

again ts steps i made:
1-re positioned sims in place of each other.
2-changed sim2 into an original micro sim instead of the clipped one i used to have.
3-i reset phone to factory defaults but same problem appeared

I think it is a hardware issue. take it to the service center and insist on getting the issue sorted out as they will try to fob you off with some excuse or other.

all the best

schubeir
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread