Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

takes 5 hours to fully charge battery (0 to 100%) orgional samsung charger

OP GT-I93oo

15th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
my grand 2 takes 5 hours to full charge. i use samsung charger came with grand 2.
after fully charge battery drains fast within 6 hours..
i calibrated battery but again same problem.
my grand 2 running on offical latest version.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using xda premium
15th April 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag ★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
Thanks Meter: 1,049

473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello mate ,
First of all the charger provided by samsung is never of a great quality . And your grand 2 is charging just a bit slow . It should heve been charged.in about 3-4 hrs. but I guess it can be also a problem of your wall socket . Maybe the voltage must be slow that time that's why it took about 5hrs. to achieve full charge . You don't have to worry . It's not the fault of your Galaxy grand .

Don't forget to press thanks If I helped you in anyway .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeyan Ashraf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-I93oo

my grand 2 takes 5 hours to full charge. i use samsung charger came with grand 2.
after fully charge battery drains fast within 6 hours..
i calibrated battery but again same problem.
my grand 2 running on offical latest version.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using xda premium

There could be problem with wall socket or your phone. Cos mine takes about 2.5 hours to charge from 5% to 100%. Try charging in different socket and see if dat works.
11th July 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
need help and advice
.hey guys..i need your help coz i have also the same problem with my galaxy grand 2 it takes 5 hrs or so to charge and i ask the help of my service provider..they change the cable charger but still the same problem..they also said that if same problem occurs i need to bring the phone again and they will open it for hardware check up inside the phone..my question is "Is it ok to let them open my phone and check its chips or hardware inside?"i need help pls...
11th July 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 103

369 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by desew

.hey guys..i need your help coz i have also the same problem with my galaxy grand 2 it takes 5 hrs or so to charge and i ask the help of my service provider..they change the cable charger but still the same problem..they also said that if same problem occurs i need to bring the phone again and they will open it for hardware check up inside the phone..my question is "Is it ok to let them open my phone and check its chips or hardware inside?"i need help pls...

if they have said that, they do suspect the issue with the hardware or else they would have not have given you a new charger. they are hoping that the issue is resolved with a charger. there is no harm in sending the handset to them to check the hardware.

schubeir
12th July 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #6  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 8

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Issue with Charger not with Phone
I had similar issue. It was taking me around 3.5 hours for 100% charging of Grand 2 with Samsung Charger.

I switched my charger to LG charger (I got it with LG L90) and interestingly it now takes only 2 hours
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread