[RECOVERY][ms013g] TWRP 3.0.0 Touch recovery[with EFS/Modem backup][F2FS support]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rockhack

Jan 3, 2017
i installed twrp via odin but whenever i try to boot into recovery the screen just flashes and the phone bootups if again i try to boot into recovery the stock recovery comes up

i am on stock jellybean 4.3

what is wrong ??

NeonzYT_XDA

Dec 15, 2016
Ok thnnxx will try ...but i am upgrading to kitkat bcoz cm13 require stock kitkat as a base rom.....can i upgrade with custom recovery install or i have to flash stock recovery to upgrade??

I am going to upgrade via odin and official firmware
Thats great dat u have odin (pc). Flash the recovery first and then u flash upgrade. After the upgrade flash a new recovery (by aapav1) via odin (incase if it doesnt boot normally) or flashify because the recovery (by balliboxer) will not work on kitkat.

rockhack

Jan 3, 2017
Thats great dat u have odin (pc). Flash the recovery first and then u flash upgrade. After the upgrade flash a new recovery (by aapav1) via odin (incase if it doesnt boot normally) or flashify because the recovery (by balliboxer) will not work on kitkat.

Ohk ...can u provide me link to stock recovery.tar for ms013g?:good:

NeonzYT_XDA

Dec 15, 2016
Ohk ...can u provide me link to stock recovery.tar for ms013g?:good:
Try flashing the custom recovery by balliboxer with odin or flashify bro. and then upgrade. Tell me if you done this step i gave u in this reply.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

@rockhack u cant upgrade/flash with stock actually. Custom does.

Reactions: rockhack

Billygent

Dec 12, 2016
My fone is on kitkat and it's rooted but I don't have a pc, is there a way I can flash dis recovery without pc. If there is a way, can someone kindly drop the procedure. I really need to install custom rom on my grand 2. I will be glad if anyone could quickly respond. Thanks in anticipation

johnspit77

Jan 19, 2017
when i use dt.img and zimage extracted from other dev TWRP for my device and use it as prebuilt kernel for my TWRP compiling its working but when i compile TWRP from kernel sources and its not booting what is the reason? or how to solve it?

Currently im doing it on Grand 2 but i wanna learn my own thats why creating TWRP by myself. Help please.

Billygent

Dec 12, 2016
My fone is on kitkat and it's rooted but I don't have a pc, is there a way I can flash dis recovery without pc. If there is a way, can someone kindly drop the procedure. I really need to install custom rom on my grand 2. I will be glad if anyone could quickly respond. Thanks in anticipation

@ndroidvn

Jan 30, 2012

Below was my G7102's spec.
Android 4.4
Stock Recovery
Unrooted​

And I've just installed TWRP 3.0 successfully w/o using PC.

A. Here is my procedure:
[1] Root your G7102, using KingRoot
[2] Flash TWRP image, using Flashify​

B. Here are what you need to prepair/download:

C. Video reference for more details
mod edit - links removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [new update] twrp 3.0.0

DOWNLOAD
    mod edit - links removedRecovery image
    Tar
    Flashable ZIP[/URL]

Team Win Recovery Project 3.0.0.x

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

TWRP 3.0.0-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What’s new in 3.0.0-0:
    • Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    • Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    • Update AOSP base to 6.0
    • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

CHANGELOG for 2.8.7.0:

-Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    -Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    -Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    -Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
    -Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    -Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
    -Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    -Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

CHANGELOG for 2.8.6.0:

-Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
    -Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
    -Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
    -Keyboard improvements (_that)
    -Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
    -Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
    -Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
    -Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
    -Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
    -Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
    -Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
    -Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

CHANGELOG for 2.8.5.0:

-Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the theme's resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen's resolution
    -Backups can now be cancelled while the backup is in progress (does not include restore because we don't want to leave your device in a bad state)
    -Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
    -Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
    -Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
    -Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
    -USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
    -Other small fixes and improvements

CHANGELOG for 2.8.4.0:

-Add flashing of boot and recovery images via the TWRP GUI (Find the Images button on the Install page)
    -Fix some MTP related crashes and bugs
    -Eliminate TWRP toggling USB IDs during boot if MTP is enabled
    -Fix various adb sideload issues
    -Improve threading of actions
    -Eliminate separate thread for screen timeout
    -Update libblkid to 2.25.0
    -Use power button as back button on watch themes for easier navigation
    -Add mutex locking to data manager
    -Improve custom theme handling on encrypted devices
    -Allow the stock theme to be offset by build flags so we can center a lower res theme on a higher res screen especially for watches with round screens

CHANGELOG for 2.8.3.0:

-MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
    -MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
    -Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
    -Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
    -Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
    -Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
    -Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
    -Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
    -Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
    -Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
    -Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
    -Other minor fixes and improvements

Note: Starting with TWRP 2.8.2.0 and higher, adb sideload uses a new sideload method originally implemented in AOSP recovery. You will need the latest adb binaries to use sideload in these newer versions of TWRP. The version required is 1.0.32. You can find the version by running "adb version" on your computer. The new sideload feature no longer stores the zip on your device. Instead, a fuse file system is created in RAM and the zip is streamed from your computer. This puts less wear and tear on storage and ensures that large zips will not fill up all of your RAM. The sideload may spit an error on your PC side, but the zip should install just fine on your device.

DOWNLOAD:
    ON post #3

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Team Work Recovery Project, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

Contributors
    aapav01

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-05

Created 2015-05-13
    Last Updated 2016-02-07
    DOWNLOADS

Method 1:
    Odinmod edit - links removed
    1) Install whatever drivers make you happy and make your device connect (i would suggest samsung ones).
    2) Reboot your device in download mode you can use adb reboot download or the hardware key combo for your device.
    3) Load up Odin and uncheck auto-reboot.
    4) Click PDA and select the TWRP tar you downloaded.
    5) Connect your device in download mode.
    6) Click start.
    7) When its finished disconnect your device, pull the battery out.
    8) Reinsert the battery and use the hardware keys for your device to power directly into recovery mode (this will bypass install-recovery.sh if you are stock).
    9) Enjoy having a custom recovery.

Method 2: IF you are already on anyother recovery
    1)Reboot your device in recovery mode you can use adb reboot recovery or the hardware key combo for your device.
    2)Now just flash the flashable zip from sdcard or extsdcard you have downloaded
    3)Now REboot into recovery and Enjoy ur new TWRP recovery

Downloads
    TWRP 3.0.0
    mod edit - links removed

TWRP 2.8.7.0 (OLD VERSION)
    mod edit - links removed
    TWRP 2.8.6.0 (OLD VERSION)
    ODIN (Tar file)- mod edit - links removed
    Recovery flashable zip -mod edit - links removed
    Recovery image - mod edit - links removed
    Change LOG & Difference

Main Difference From Other TWRP recovery available for ms013g

Changes of 7 feb 2016
    • Updated to 3.0.0

Changes of 21 September 2015
    • Updated to 2.8.7.0
    • Added F2FS support

Changes of 13th May 2015
    • Updated to 2.8.6.0
    • MTP support
    • ADB sideload fixed
    • EFS backup
    • Modem backup
    You are good mr @aapav01 , thz for your hard work!! Your are my best developer!! And waiting your new rom!! I'm a big fan of you!!��������������
    But why i can't download your recovery flashable zip(everytime i click on download now it just reload page not download), i can only download only recovery image?

mod edit - links removed
    it working.. try to open in a new tab