Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I9082 4Gb Rom

Tip us?

xsoullz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Drive I9082 4Gb Rom

Now im using gt-i9082 with 4gb rom storage did any thing problem with my device or its just 4gb model because i see many people have 8gb rom storage

Can I fix this issue with flash 4.2.2 with pit file or what i can do

Nishant Hada
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoullz View Post
Now im using gt-i9082 with 4gb rom storage did any thing problem with my device or its just 4gb model because i see many people have 8gb rom storage

Can I fix this issue with flash 4.2.2 with pit file or what i can do
I think 4 gb is system reserved.Its required for rom to work

Trilochanaaya
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Ur phone is having 8gb Internal memory, but only 4 gb available for Apps & Data. Remaining 4gb is reserved by system.

newtonovic
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Internal Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilochanaaya View Post
Ur phone is having 8gb Internal memory, but only 4 gb available for Apps & Data. Remaining 4gb is reserved by system.
Please can you explain why There must be an extra 4 Gigs on a phone for the the system to work? Is this extra 4Gig occupied at every time or anytime?

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonovic View Post
Please can you explain why There must be an extra 4 Gigs on a phone for the the system to work? Is this extra 4Gig occupied at every time or anytime?
See relating our Grand It has 8GB storage out of which 4Gb is system reserved and 4Gb is User Accessible. the 4Gb System memory will be hidden and will be used only for system purpose and it will occupied everytime that is 4Gb is alloted only to System u cant do anything to it. It has ROM , Recovery and other partitions which are vital to your phone. This can be seen when you Root your mobile. but don't touch that unless ur familiar what your doing or can create havok particularly efs.img were IMEI is stored. So don't access or modify it without knowledge of what you are doing...
The Following User Says Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TouchWizSucks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
CM11 based on 4.4.4 is great...but I dont think that the 4GB of missing memory is actually used by the system. I googled about it and many people have been complaining about missing internal memory on CM11 so I guess its a CMish problem..
If you can refer these discussions

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...galaxy-s3.html
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...age-space-gone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605525
http://androidforums.com/sprint-cric...-3-solved.html
and many more links ...

Rohan12315
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchWizSucks View Post
CM11 based on 4.4.4 is great...but I dont think that the 4GB of missing memory is actually used by the system. I googled about it and many people have been complaining about missing internal memory on CM11 so I guess its a CMish problem.
Well no, its not a cm problem.
The thing is that our phone has fixed partitions for system and other necessary things(recovery, bootloader). It is not a dynamic system which adjusts to how much amount of space the rom is using. For example - the system partition takes 1.5 gb. Whether you use a touchwiz rom which uses up 1.2 gb or cm which uses less than 300 mb, the system partitin will be 1.5 gb. You cannot change this system partition to become data partition(this was possible in older devices like HTC Desire).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rohan12315 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]