I9082 4Gb Rom

OP xsoullz

5th July 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
More
Now im using gt-i9082 with 4gb rom storage did any thing problem with my device or its just 4gb model because i see many people have 8gb rom storage

Can I fix this issue with flash 4.2.2 with pit file or what i can do
5th July 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Durgapur
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoullz

Now im using gt-i9082 with 4gb rom storage did any thing problem with my device or its just 4gb model because i see many people have 8gb rom storage

Can I fix this issue with flash 4.2.2 with pit file or what i can do

I think 4 gb is system reserved.Its required for rom to work
5th July 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag 11.2500 N, 75.7700 E
Thanks Meter: 129

360 posts
More
Ur phone is having 8gb Internal memory, but only 4 gb available for Apps & Data. Remaining 4gb is reserved by system.
9th July 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 15

54 posts
More
Internal Memory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilochanaaya

Ur phone is having 8gb Internal memory, but only 4 gb available for Apps & Data. Remaining 4gb is reserved by system.

Please can you explain why There must be an extra 4 Gigs on a phone for the the system to work? Is this extra 4Gig occupied at every time or anytime?
9th July 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 1,436

862 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonovic

Please can you explain why There must be an extra 4 Gigs on a phone for the the system to work? Is this extra 4Gig occupied at every time or anytime?

See relating our Grand It has 8GB storage out of which 4Gb is system reserved and 4Gb is User Accessible. the 4Gb System memory will be hidden and will be used only for system purpose and it will occupied everytime that is 4Gb is alloted only to System u cant do anything to it. It has ROM , Recovery and other partitions which are vital to your phone. This can be seen when you Root your mobile. but don't touch that unless ur familiar what your doing or can create havok particularly efs.img were IMEI is stored. So don't access or modify it without knowledge of what you are doing...
The Following User Says Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
CM11 based on 4.4.4 is great...but I dont think that the 4GB of missing memory is actually used by the system. I googled about it and many people have been complaining about missing internal memory on CM11 so I guess its a CMish problem..
If you can refer these discussions

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...galaxy-s3.html
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...age-space-gone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605525
http://androidforums.com/sprint-cric...-3-solved.html
and many more links ...
16th July 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 11

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchWizSucks

CM11 based on 4.4.4 is great...but I dont think that the 4GB of missing memory is actually used by the system. I googled about it and many people have been complaining about missing internal memory on CM11 so I guess its a CMish problem.

Well no, its not a cm problem.
The thing is that our phone has fixed partitions for system and other necessary things(recovery, bootloader). It is not a dynamic system which adjusts to how much amount of space the rom is using. For example - the system partition takes 1.5 gb. Whether you use a touchwiz rom which uses up 1.2 gb or cm which uses less than 300 mb, the system partitin will be 1.5 gb. You cannot change this system partition to become data partition(this was possible in older devices like HTC Desire).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rohan12315 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread