Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What do you personally like/dislike about your Galaxy Grand ?

OP akiratoriyama

27th August 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 822

1,723 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tell us what do you like and dislike personally about your phone, I don't care what it may be. Let us know how much you love or hate your Galaxy Grand.

I personally like the fact that I can flash a good amount of custom ROMs on it despite it's Broadcom SoC

[Shamelessly copied from @Braxton355's thread]
Last edited by akiratoriyama; 27th August 2014 at 06:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to akiratoriyama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 105

292 posts
I think i am fortunate enough to have a grand with me ...especially coming from my very loyal 4 yrs old Nokia E5 ( still going strong )...i was into some model of micromax which went down within the night of purchase...and next morning ...i had replaced that with this device....having a friend of mine with his defy and its custom roms ( actually defy was the first to have a kitkat aosp..as far as i remember...)...i was into xda within months of purchase and have never looked back.
with the mammoth effort of our respected developers...see this device has so many kernels and roms and such active threads....i must take this opp. to say a big thumbs up to everyone here........

likes : - battery back up ..is always good... with stock rom also....( although i have never used dual sim till date )
dislike....i wish the front cam could have been better..
Last edited by skpadhi79; 28th August 2014 at 01:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to skpadhi79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 122

278 posts
More
I had first a Wellcom A88 with luckily had great DEV support as the company already stopped updating after one update
After that I bought a HTC Sensation and the same happened and it was still a great phone thanks to the DEV.
This year I wanted to buy an Oppo N1 but I found it to big when I saw it.
So I decided for a Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, but I first checked XDA and saw the DEV support for the Grand Duos was better.

So I bought The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos and 5 minutes later I was sitting at starbucks across the Samsung store and lost my warranty as I rooted it and flashed it right away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichyE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
More
One thing I like is that the stock camera app is really good. Unfortunately CM11 camera app is not as good. Its the one thing I liked about the stock rom. Otherwise, the number of roms is also lot and it has a lot of dev support.
The Following User Says Thank You to prati0100 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread