Post Reply
Question

[Q] G7102XXUBNG8 ROM for i9082

16th August 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I am just curious to know if grand 2 kitkat rom can be used for i9082 ? just a noob question .. i hope someone can throw a light on it.. and are there any other kitkat based rom for i9082 which has dual sim support ? Also any news on 9082 official kitkat update ?
Last edited by only1dil; 16th August 2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added a question
16th August 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #2  
dipeshpatel.1991's Avatar
Member
Flag Bolpur - Santiniketan
Thanks Meter: 11
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1dil

I am just curious to know if grand 2 kitkat rom can be used for i9082 ? just a noob question .. i hope someone can throw a light on it.. and are there any other kitkat based rom for i9082 which has dual sim support ? Also any news on 9082 official kitkat update ?

First of all is difficult to port grand 2's stock room for i9082. It's difficult not impossible.... Don't know if any developer working on it or not....... Grand i9082 has many dual sum supported custom roms..... Like cm 11,cosmic cm etc. Etc. They are much better than the stock rom..... Even better than tw kitkat rom..... So use any of them...

Hit thanks if it helps you......
The Following User Says Thank You to dipeshpatel.1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Question but does those rom work
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipeshpatel.1991

First of all is difficult to port grand 2's stock room for i9082. It's difficult not impossible.... Don't know if any developer working on it or not....... Grand i9082 has many dual sum supported custom roms..... Like cm 11,cosmic cm etc. Etc. They are much better than the stock rom..... Even better than tw kitkat rom..... So use any of them...

Hit thanks if it helps you......

But does the dual sim function works on those rom.. cuz most of them i've seen doesnt work.. there is extra code to be run eg. su:.... which they say isnt fullproof. and the reason i say grand 2 is cuz its a stock rom and has dual sim functionality inbuilt which many rom developers cant create since its proprietery
Last edited by only1dil; 22nd August 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: extra comment
22nd August 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #4  
saaketp's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 4
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1dil

But does the dual sim function works on those rom.. cuz most of them i've seen doesnt work.. there is extra code to be run eg. su:.... which they say isnt fullproof. and the reason i say grand 2 is cuz its a stock rom and has dual sim functionality inbuilt which many rom developers cant create since its proprietery

The extra commands to edit build.prop were required in older versions of cyanogenmod as the developer wanted to make sure it works without any problems. After testing and feedback he enabled it by default in the new version as it works well. So in the newest versions you don't need to do anything after installing the rom to make dual sim work.
The Following User Says Thank You to saaketp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Thumbs up Thanks a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by saaketp

The extra commands to edit build.prop were required in older versions of cyanogenmod as the developer wanted to make sure it works without any problems. After testing and feedback he enabled it by default in the new version as it works well. So in the newest versions you don't need to do anything after installing the rom to make dual sim work.

Thanks for the help buddy.. appreciate it. also can u suggest which is the best rom among the ones you mentioned above and do any if them provide ota updates ?
Last edited by only1dil; 23rd August 2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: extra comment
23rd August 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #6  
saaketp's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 4
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1dil

Thanks for the help buddy.. appreciate it. also can u suggest which is the best rom among the ones you mentioned above and do any if them provide ota updates ?

I have used only Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 by pawitp:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563557

It doesn't provide ota but you can download rom deltas for updating without downloading the whole rom (read the first post in the link).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes