Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,472 Members 50,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging Problem - Not Charging in actual

Tip us?

jatinder.bhargav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Plug Charging Problem - Not Charging in actual

I have problem related to charging my galaxy grand. From past one week i am facing this problem. I am using stock ROM 4.1.2.

Whenever i connect charger to my phone, it shows charging symbol on screen/battery, but battery percentage is not increasing. Its rather decreasing with the passage of time.

Following options i have already tried :
1. Charging battery - I changed battery with another galaxy grand of one of my friends. Both the batteries running fine in both phones. Still my phone was not able to charge battery.

2. Charging chargers - I have tried 5 different chargers ranging from 0.75A to 2A.

3. Changing Charging port - I went to local shop & replaced charging socket / port of my phone. Still the problem is same.

So for the time being, i am charging my phone's battery directly by connecting wires to it.

Request experts to help me out. Please let me know if any other details are required.

Nishant Hada
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinder.bhargav View Post
I have problem related to charging my galaxy grand. From past one week i am facing this problem. I am using stock ROM 4.1.2.

Whenever i connect charger to my phone, it shows charging symbol on screen/battery, but battery percentage is not increasing. Its rather decreasing with the passage of time.

Following options i have already tried :
1. Charging battery - I changed battery with another galaxy grand of one of my friends. Both the batteries running fine in both phones. Still my phone was not able to charge battery.

2. Charging chargers - I have tried 5 different chargers ranging from 0.75A to 2A.

3. Changing Charging port - I went to local shop & replaced charging socket / port of my phone. Still the problem is same.

So for the time being, i am charging my phone's battery directly by connecting wires to it.

Request experts to help me out. Please let me know if any other details are required.
Try wiping battery stats from CWM recovery.If that does not work try reflashing stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Nishant Hada For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jatinder.bhargav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant Hada View Post
Try wiping battery stats from CWM recovery.If that does not work try reflashing stock rom
Thanks nishant..

Can you please elaborate how to do it? I am newbie in this..
Thanks in advance!

Nishant Hada
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinder.bhargav View Post
Thanks nishant..

Can you please elaborate how to do it? I am newbie in this..
Thanks in advance!
Follow DBZo07's Guide:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2368819
The Following User Says Thank You to Nishant Hada For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]