Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why cant I install 4.2.2 ROM's

Tip us?

Draconius007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Unhappy [Q] Why cant I install 4.2.2 ROM's

Hi, I am a rooted Samsung Galaxy Duos i9082, with a Paranoid 4.4.4 Kitkat Rom. Now recently i tried to go back to stock but was unsuccessful. I tried to install the CM10.1 Based MIUI we have for our phones, But was unsuccessful again. What the problem is that when i try to boot after flashing a 4.2.2 ROM .. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Logo and wont go further even after 30 minutes. Later that day i tried reinstalling Paranoid 4.4.4 kitkat ROM and it boot up in a Jiffy. If anyone can provide me with a solution I would be really grateful. I really wanna use the Stock rom again !

Don Anas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconius007 View Post
Hi, I am a rooted Samsung Galaxy Duos i9082, with a Paranoid 4.4.4 Kitkat Rom. Now recently i tried to go back to stock but was unsuccessful. I tried to install the CM10.1 Based MIUI we have for our phones, But was unsuccessful again. What the problem is that when i try to boot after flashing a 4.2.2 ROM .. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Logo and wont go further even after 30 minutes. Later that day i tried reinstalling Paranoid 4.4.4 kitkat ROM and it boot up in a Jiffy. If anyone can provide me with a solution I would be really grateful. I really wanna use the Stock rom again !

its to easy i face this my self and i solved it by myself too

first when u download 4.2.2 zip download it direct to phone or pc but move it to sdcard with card reader not cable
in recovery make full format

tell me if this work
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Anas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Draconius007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Anas View Post
its to easy i face this my self and i solved it by myself too

first when u download 4.2.2 zip download it direct to phone or pc but move it to sdcard with card reader not cable
in recovery make full format

tell me if this work
Thanks a lot ... I have a question tho ... When i download the ROM.. do i keep it on the internal storage and the transfer to SD card via any file manager and then flash ? Because i flashed roms .... but i couldnt boot ... But 4.4 roms easily install ... I am on Carbon 4.4.4 now ...

Don Anas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Thanks a lot ... I have a question tho ... When i download the ROM.. do i keep it on the internal storage and the transfer to SD card via any file manager and then flash ? Because i flashed roms .... but i couldnt boot ... But 4.4 roms easily install ... I am on Carbon 4.4.4 now ...

yes u can

tell me u try to falsh TouchWiz Revolution 4.2.2 right ??

Draconius007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
yes u can

tell me u try to falsh TouchWiz Revolution 4.2.2 right ??
Yes ... Yes I was !

Don Anas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Yes ... Yes I was !
Hhhhh I know it bro just change the ROM name toTouchWizRevolution and flash it it well work

Tell me result

Draconius007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Hhhhh I know it bro just change the ROM name toTouchWizRevolution and flash it it well work

Tell me result
Dude ... I tried it ... The rom flashed ... But it wont boot up at all !!

ashwin77sgg
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Its a Bootloader issue. Kitkat rom needs 4.2.2 bootloader while cm 10.1 or miui based on it requires 4.1.2 bootloader. This means you need 4.1.2 stock rom on phone before you install cm 10.1 miui rom
Thats why cm10.1 based miui is not booting up while Kitkat based roms are booting fine.
Developer of touchwiz revolution has stated that rom boots on 4.2.2 or 4.4.2 based rom
Have u tried wiping data, cache?
If yes and rom still doesn't boot. Then I suggest you to flash stock firmware though Odin. Let it boot again. And then install the recovery again via odin
Odin v3.04 is recommended.

Now you have a rooted phone and Kitkat based rom then while flashing touchwiz revolution 4.2.2
I will suggest you to format /system, /data, /cache through the recovery Then flash the TW revorevolution 4.2.2 rom.
A Civil Engineering Student and Playing around Android is my Hobby

My devices.
Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 running cyanogenmod 11
Galaxy S advance 16GB+32GB GT-I9070 running ParanoidAndroid 4.45
The Following User Says Thank You to ashwin77sgg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Don Anas
Old
(Last edited by Don Anas; 1st September 2014 at 01:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Dude ... I tried it ... The rom flashed ... But it wont boot up at all !!
dude its not bootloader issue im sure did u try chang recovery ???

did u try to flash another 4.2.2 rom ??

this rom have alot issues try GENNXT SUPERIOR ROM its good rom

The Following User Says Thank You to Don Anas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.2.2, galaxygrand, noboot, problem