Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,072 Members 41,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please somebody how to restore my IMEI

Tip us?

Brotowali
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please somebody how to restore my IMEI

After i flash CM11 my imei is gone and i forget to backup my efs. How to get back my IMEI?? Back flashing my firmware region? Or what? Please help me. Thanks so much if you help me to solved my problem [emoji1]

IvoNogueira
Old
Thanks Meter 0
EFS is a system folder in the root directory of your phone that contains very important and basic information about your device's identity like Wi-Fi MAC address, Bluetooth MAC address and the MOST IMPORTANT - IMEI address (nv_data.bin).

Now if this EFS partition accidentally gets corrupted or erased, your phone’s IMEI number will get erased and your device will become completely useless and you won't be able to make voice call further, as the carrier network will not recognize your phone. This can happen for a variety of reasons, sometimes flashing a wrong or corrupted ROM. This kind of damage is not accepted by the service center. Only solution that the service center provides is to replace the motherboard of the device and that costs a lot of $$$!

Only a BACKUP of your EFS can save your phone if something goes wrong with your EFS partition.
(Some of you have already messed up your IMEI. Check Troubleshooting forum for details.)

ORIGINAL POST:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420902