Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Difference between the i9200, i9205 and the l600

14th March 2015, 05:23 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
I have searched and searched and couldn't find any information on the differences between these galaxy mega devices. What I have seen is people saying "don't flash a i9205 or i9200 rom to a l600 device". And my question is what makes these devices so different that would cause them to be bricked? I've seen some AWESOME roms for the i9205 devices and would love to flash it to my l600 with the twrp recovery, but also want to know what differences if any would there be in these devices? The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the l600 is factory locked to CDMA, but of course with other awesome people here at xda that can fixed. So other than that, are there componet differences, or perhaps drivers that are specific to the i9205 that aren't correct for the l600? I have my l600 running on GSM network with lte even at times, but i'm stuck on the 4.2.2 rom as well. That's why i'm asking this, because if the difference is just the bands used, then I would think that it would be ok to flash a rom for a i9205 galaxy mega to a l600 galaxy mega. Also, would the custom rom touch my modem messing up the changes I made to the band selection? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to twanhines For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2015, 02:32 AM |#2  
Flag columbus indiana
Thanks Meter: 18

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twanhines

I have searched and searched and couldn't find any information on the differences between these galaxy mega devices. What I have seen is people saying "don't flash a i9205 or i9200 rom to a l600 device". And my question is what makes these devices so different that would cause them to be bricked? I've seen some AWESOME roms for the i9205 devices and would love to flash it to my l600 with the twrp recovery, but also want to know what differences if any would there be in these devices? The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the l600 is factory locked to CDMA, but of course with other awesome people here at xda that can fixed. So other than that, are there componet differences, or perhaps drivers that are specific to the i9205 that aren't correct for the l600? I have my l600 running on GSM network with lte even at times, but i'm stuck on the 4.2.2 rom as well. That's why i'm asking this, because if the difference is just the bands used, then I would think that it would be ok to flash a rom for a i9205 galaxy mega to a l600 galaxy mega. Also, would the custom rom touch my modem messing up the changes I made to the band selection? Thanks!

good thread..hope to see some experianced users answer these questions..id like to know as well..i also have the L600 sprint device..and im seeing much more love for the other model numbers...i just got this mega and after reading thrrew some threads..ive decided to just let the phone update itsself,got it on 4.2.2..im still with the stock recovery,updateing the phone as i speak...ive went threw 3 updates allready and phone still says 4.2.2..and its downloading another update package..is this phone gonna update to kitkat 4.4.2 or not??..ive never had a phone do so many little updates before..im starting to think something is wroung..does this phone have the kitkat update?..you say your stuck on the 4.2.2 rom?..why is that??..why dont you update to kitkat?..ive read in other threads the mega got the kitkat update?..or am i wroung and kitkat only went to the other models you spoke of????..am i stuck on jelly bean to for real??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy mega, i9205, l600, mega 6.3
Previous Thread Next Thread