Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root sch-r960 running kitkat 4.4.2 Needs Root

Tip us?

kd0wvn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root sch-r960 running kitkat 4.4.2 Needs Root

I'm currently running the US Cellular version of the maga. I upgraded to KitKat over the air and now I'm looking for a rooting software that will root the phone now that it is running KitKat. Does anyone have a file to use or can you point me in the correct direction

Sent from my SCH-R960 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MeatHammer311
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nothing.

I have the same phone and I have read everything about it. Nothing works for this phone I have tried every root option there is none of them work. I am waiting for geohot to update towelroot with a fix. Mine was updated to kit kat out of the box. I wish I had the chance to stick with 4.2.2 that was at least rootable.

kd0wvn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well just makes me dislike Samsung even more. That and damn knox.

Sent from my SCH-R960 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 2054
I know geohot did towel root which I believe uses a qualcomm exploit originally on the s5 but I know it works for note 3 and several other kk builds...I'd suggest looking into that as your most likely option Imo

Mega

kd0wvn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14 View Post
I know geohot did towel root which I believe uses a qualcomm exploit originally on the s5 but I know it works for note 3 and several other kk builds...I'd suggest looking into that as your most likely option Imo

Mega
Went to the US Cellular store and asked the store tech about reflashing back down to jellybean from kitkat and he told me due to KNOX the flash would cause a hard brick. Said he just tried a Mega and got a hard brick after the flash.

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 2054
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0wvn View Post
Went to the US Cellular store and asked the store tech about reflashing back down to jellybean from kitkat and he told me due to KNOX the flash would cause a hard brick. Said he just tried a Mega and got a hard brick after the flash.
Yes odin flashing anything prior to your most current build will brick your mega...if he works in a store and actually did brick a mega that way he's an idiot that should be fired lol...can you guys no restore roms or flash 4.2 roms not odin stock roms but custom roms like my builds...i verified day oone of kk update for mega i9205 with knox kernel on kk that we can flash and restore 4.2 roms just like usual good luck fellas

Mega