Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Beware twrp 2.8.5.0

17th March 2015, 11:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I decided to try a new rom on my I9205 mega yesterday, before I did it I noticed there was a newer version of twrp available - 2.8.5.0, I was on 2.7.1.0. so I updated with goo manager and went into recovery and noticed no problems with it. I did a factory reset and installed the new rom which failed. I went back into recovery to reload my latest nandroid and it too failed, and failed and failed again, endlessly. I tried numerous different 'wipes' and restores (whole thing, system only etc etc) but the recovery always just stopped with no warnings whilst restoring 'system'. It usually failed before it got to 10%, on one occasion it got to 25%, but it still failed. The only warnings I can see from the log file are:

Code:
_bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for localtime!
_bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for GMT!
_bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
Is that what stopped it?

Anyway I used Heimdall to restore twrp 2.7.1.0 (I only use Linux) and the nandroid restore from that version of twrp went without problem, so this can only be a bug with twrp 2.8.5.0 not my nandroid.

Later on I manually downloaded and reflashed twrp 2.8.5.0 with heimdall (in case goo manager was at fault). The flash completed normally, but again it was unable to complete any restore I asked of it.

I am back on twrp 2.7.1.0 now and all is well, but my advice is if you have a Mega I9205, don't try updating twrp unless you know how to reflash recovery from a computer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread