Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 45,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Craked screen, replaced screen, now phone is bricked

Tip us?

willthetech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Craked screen, replaced screen, now phone is bricked

So my AT&T Mega running latest kit kat update got the screen replaced. Now the phone just reboots at the Samsung screen, over and over. Tried recovery but the same. I did get it to go in to the download mode but any recovery from Kies or Odin just doesn't do it, actually is now bricked. now just to make sure i did all possible...I have some questions:

At the moment there is NOT a kit kat recovery rom available for AT&T Mega right?

Because of this is why Odin fails with available jelly bean roms?

Why will kies not restore the phone?

Thanks

pleonasm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
As far as I can tell, the new update will puke if you don't have the original OEM screen. My screen cracked, I replaced it with a new one off of ebay, and all was well... until I took the OTA update. Now I'm in the exact same boat as you. Exact same behavior, and nothing I try works.

nomad247
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Bricked on Mega and trying to brick theother one

pleonasm;54243018] As far as I can tell, the new update will puke if you don't have the original OEM screen. My screen cracked, I replaced it with a new one off of ebay, and all was well... until I took the OTA update. Now I'm in the exact same boat as you. Exact same behavior, and nothing I try works.[/QUOTE]

I have two mega's. cracked both, replaced both and one got the update, and after the update I lost all "touch". I could not unlock my phone, could not do anything but look at it. Samsung had me do a factory reset so now the phone is sitting waiting for me to enter my gmail address and set up the phone, I was severely corrected by a ATT tech for using the work "bricked". I told him that I used that word because ATT would not let me use the word of my choice, f&$#*d. He also wanted to know why i just didn't set the phone backup. I asked how to do that when there was no touch response from the screen, he also said to bad, if you dont want the update, you're gonna get the update so live with it.Now the update is going to take out my only other phone, as it too had a screen replacement. Was thinking of putting back in the cracked screen to do the update but would guess that once the new screen is back in, it will still lose all touch ability. What is this, some kind of way to ensure the carrier gets their full rip off price if you don't get them to replace the screen for several hundred dollars?

cusmilin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I broke my mega 5.3 screen or should i say shattered where can i order a new one at?

nomad247
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mega cracked screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusmilin View Post
I broke my mega 5.3 screen or should i say shattered where can i order a new one at?
Keep in mind that once one of my phones got the kitkat update, the touch creen nop longer responded to touch. So that means the phone is completely useless. Iti s the newer phone that I have. I bought it at Flashteh LLC, good prices, has a US warehouse location and I received the parts in just a few days. Had no problems with this suppier, would buy there again.

venturiz
Old
(Last edited by venturiz; 21st July 2014 at 09:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I have the same problem. With my mega 9205 6.3 LTE with a oem screen I buy in ebay. And work well in android 4.2 but in a new 4.4 stock Rom the touch screen don't work.
To return to 4.2 I bricked the phone.
But with patience I can revive. I flashed a custom recovery with Odin. And I flash a archive to unbrick.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600976
And next I flashed the rom megafire v 12 and revive my mega.
Enviado desde mi GT-I9205 mediante Tapatalk