Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Must downgrade my firmware to 4.3 now! Would appreciate any help.

Tip us?

shadowdorothy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Must downgrade my firmware to 4.3 now! Would appreciate any help.

So with the 4.4 update my phone became a shiny brick only useful for taking calls. I need the extra storage space, and not having it makes my phone useless. Not to mention texts taking hours to get to me, the browser become useless as I can't enter desktop view and a myriad of other problems.

My problem is that I cannot find the 4.3 firmware anywhere. Google gave me 4.2, but I would rather have 4.3 if able. I didn't see it here on xda either.

My mega is the at&t i527 model. If anyone would be kind enough to upload 4.3 you would have a lowly college students thanks.

I have rooted and downgraded firmware before. So thankfully I should be ok on that end.

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdorothy View Post
So with the 4.4 update my phone became a shiny brick only useful for taking calls. I need the extra storage space, and not having it makes my phone useless. Not to mention texts taking hours to get to me, the browser become useless as I can't enter desktop view and a myriad of other problems.

My problem is that I cannot find the 4.3 firmware anywhere. Google gave me 4.2, but I would rather have 4.3 if able. I didn't see it here on xda either.

My mega is the at&t i527 model. If anyone would be kind enough to upload 4.3 you would have a lowly college students thanks.

I have rooted and downgraded firmware before. So thankfully I should be ok on that end.
Sorry.....no 4.3

If you can get calls, your not bricked.

Sounds as if maybe you have installed an app of some sort which may be affecting your OS. Have you tried a full factory reset, even after your upgrade?
Maybe go into your 3e recovery and clear the cache?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

blakkoppz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
any chanch of a link to the 4.2 downgrade?

trurl3
Old
Thanks Meter 172
As you upgraded to 4.4 now you have only one easy possibility - MegaFireV11. Look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608110

Upsss... sorry. MF is for GT-I9205

Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 with MegaFire MJ2 V14X

Be smart, keep your files one click away @Dropbox. Sign up for free!
Wakelocks got you down? Click here for solution.
If I helped - plese hit