18th July 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #41  
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,492

3,821 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok guys I thank you all for your feedback. It's safe to say that the base is unstable. No further testing required at this point. As I said before I'll get my ota as soon as I can and start over.
For now I'm locking the thread. I'll reopen when there's a need for future testing.
Thanks again guys!
20th July 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #42  
Flag MD
Thanks Meter: 6

99 posts
if you need anything else tested on a i527m just let me know. thanks
21st July 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #43  
Flag Ottawa

3,821 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patnad

you know a couple of days ago, i got an OTA on my phone.. which failed at first and then I made it working (after unrooting the phone), unfortunatly it didn't updated the baseband. But it was kitkat right there.

I'm not too sure what can be done (if anything..), perhaps I received a OTA from another phone, I did tried multiple roms who knows what I have messed up lol.

I'm pretty sure peoples on BELL (who has the SGH-I527M too..) are getting their phone updated at the moment. I don't quite understand why if the OTA is available its not beeing offered on samfirmware yet.. :/

Can you possibly do me a favor and if you're still on stock bell kitkat can you screenshot me your settings, about phone pic? I need to see the build number and a few other things.
I got an ota today and unfortunately it is not kitkat. Still 4.2.2

And if you have a legit i527m ota I am going to ask a favor so that I can make us a working kitkat rom
21st July 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 19

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze

Can you possibly do me a favor and if you're still on stock bell kitkat can you screenshot me your settings, about phone pic? I need to see the build number and a few other things.
I got an ota today and unfortunately it is not kitkat. Still 4.2.2

And if you have a legit i527m ota I am going to ask a favor so that I can make us a working kitkat rom

Well unfortunately I played around with different roms and configs now I cant pull the OTA anymore.

All I remember is after the ota I had ne5 build but still na3 baseband. Couldnt get wifi running at that time.

I wonder if perhaps I had a i9200 rom when I got the ota in the first place. Im not too sure I played around alot.
21st July 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #45  
Flag Ottawa

3,821 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well unfortunately I played around with different roms and configs now I cant pull the OTA anymore.

All I remember is after the ota I had ne5 build but still na3 baseband. Couldnt get wifi running at that time.

I wonder if perhaps I had a i9200 rom when I got the ota in the first place. Im not too sure I played around alot.

What rom are you on now?
21st July 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #46  

61 posts
More
Quote:

What rom are you on now?

4.2.2 *facepalm* one of the stock roms. I want a tw based as I have the samsung gear and need it for the softwares to work.... im f**ked.
21st July 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #47  
Flag Ottawa

3,821 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

4.2.2 *facepalm* one of the stock roms. I want a tw based as I have the samsung gear and need it for the softwares to work.... im f**ked.

Ok so you didn't get a kitkat update at all then. Which means you are of no use. (I mean that in a nice way)
As for your wifi issue, just flash stock via odin and you will be fine
21st July 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #48  

61 posts
More
Quote:

Ok so you didn't get a kitkat update at all then. Which means you are of no use. (I mean that in a nice way)
As for your wifi issue, just flash stock via odin and you will be fine

I did receive the OTA of kitkat but since I couldnt get wifi working I reverted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patnad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread