XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat for Australia?

Tip us?

mingonn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default KitKat for Australia?

Anyone know when they are planning to roll KitKat out here in Australia? Feel like I'm missing or on the fun.

Kangburra
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingonn View Post
Anyone know when they are planning to roll KitKat out here in Australia? Feel like I'm missing or on the fun.
I have the TPH installed and I chose English Australia on the first screen, no need to wait.
CWM Recovery for GT-I9205

SILENTLIGHT ROM for GT-I9205

Latest Stock ROM for GT-I9205/9200

mingonn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangburra View Post
I have the TPH installed and I chose English Australia on the first screen, no need to wait.
Hi Kangburra,

Are you still on the Portugese rom or one of the more recent I9205XXUDNF2 release for Spain, etc

Have given up on getting an Australian OTA release and need to move up so my Mega will work with a Google smart watch.

Does everything work? 3G, GPS etc? Some contradictory posts about the Portugese rom out there.

mingonn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
No need, just took the plunge. Installed the Spanish version off SamMoblie, just followed the instructions on the page, too easy after realising I needed to enable usb debugging.

Worked like an OTA update, kept all my apps, settings, Apex layout etc. Still can't believe it was that easy.

Now to see if my Lg G Watch works with it

Kangburra
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingonn View Post
No need, just took the plunge. Installed the Spanish version off SamMoblie, just followed the instructions on the page, too easy after realising I needed to enable usb debugging.

Worked like an OTA update, kept all my apps, settings, Apex layout etc. Still can't believe it was that easy.

Now to see if my Lg G Watch works with it
Glad you went for it, I am still on the TPH one but have removed so much I am sticking with it.
CWM Recovery for GT-I9205

SILENTLIGHT ROM for GT-I9205

Latest Stock ROM for GT-I9205/9200

chieunguyen2005
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hihi