FORUMS

Restore Galaxy Mega GT-I9205

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By chukkamental, Junior Member on 12th April 2015, 07:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi there!,
Would it be possible for a guru to help me out, i have searched the site and looked to solve my problem to no avail!, the only thing i could find was a thread around 2 years ago, i need to know how i can sort this problem out.

I tried to root my device using Odin and i got to the end of rooting, got the green pass square but my device didn't reboot even tho i had the two appropriate boxes ticked. i tried to manual reboot and i get the vibrate and Samsung screen, then just a blue light top left of my device and the display is on sort of, i mean its lit but no home screen, it seams its stuck just before coming on completely, i tried to restore to factory using Odin and it failed and on my device screen it shows this at the top left! ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9205
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X1
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE
I would willingly send a donation to you via Paypal if you can help me get my little friend back to life!
Basically this is the screen i have at the moment.
Regards and respect Johnny..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-I9205.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	3258842  

14th April 2015, 01:16 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chukkamental

Hi there!,
Would it be possible for a guru to help me out, i have searched the site and looked to solve my problem to no avail!, the only thing i could find was a thread around 2 years ago, i need to know how i can sort this problem out.

I tried to root my device using Odin and i got to the end of rooting, got the green pass square but my device didn't reboot even tho i had the two appropriate boxes ticked. i tried to manual reboot and i get the vibrate and Samsung screen, then just a blue light top left of my device and the display is on sort of, i mean its lit but no home screen, it seams its stuck just before coming on completely, i tried to restore to factory using Odin and it failed and on my device screen it shows this at the top left! ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9205
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X1
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE
I would willingly send a donation to you via Paypal if you can help me get my little friend back to life!
Basically this is the screen i have at the moment.
Regards and respect Johnny..

59 Views and no help apart from one member who did get back to me via pm!,( Than you). Judging by my post please don't assume i know everything about rooting and tar files etc!, i am an inexperienced 50 year old man who thought he could just root his phone lol,
well as you know from the above that isn't so,
i do respect the fact that people work and are not on here 24/7 so i would never expect anyone to jump to my needs as i am the one to blame for getting my self into this mess in the first place,
i am really stuck here and would appreciate some help via pm or here on this thread,
Regards and respect Johnny
Last edited by chukkamental; 14th April 2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: SOLVED
14th April 2015, 08:45 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Samsung Mega GT-I9205 Problem Solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by chukkamental

59 Views and no help apart from one member who did get back to me via pm!,( Than you). Judging by my post please don't assume i know everything about rooting and tar files etc!, i am an inexperienced 50 year old man who thought he could just root his phone lol,
well as you know from the above that isn't so,
i do respect the fact that people work and are not on here 24/7 so i would never expect anyone to jump to my needs as i am the one to blame for getting my self into this mess in the first place,
i am really stuck here and would appreciate some help via pm or here on this thread,
Regards and respect Johnny

After much searching around the net i finally found a working Stock Rom for my mega!,
The recovery worked fine with Odin and no problems whatsoever,
If anyone would like the Stock Rom then feel free to pm me or if any Admin would like it pm me.

PS: if this thread is of no use to anyone anymore then please feel free to delete it..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread