Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 45,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dead Mega

Tip us?

JoeLansing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Dead Mega

I'm not an expert at ROM's and all that. But my wife's Ebay International 9205 kept having out of memory errors even after cleaning, cleaning cache and apps and I finally bricked it. Or at least to me it's a brick. I can't get it to recognize Samdung USB drivers on a PC anymore for Kies. I think PDAnet drivers work for Odin.. It lets me try and Odin flash it, but always fails. I gave up and bought her a new http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ra-324755.html instead. She's only 4'10" and I think she compensates for her size with big phones

So what do I do with the old Mega? It's supposedly under warranty from Samsung England but they don't answer my emails. It shows good ROM/Blah whatever like they will still fix it. I have dreams of fixing it but at the moment I'm ready to just dumpster it. Wife wants to send it to her family in Philippines. They have real cell phone shops there unlike USA where I'm at. So should I sell it? Pay to fix it? It's nice, but a paperweight to me as it is. It's a waste of my time. I got enough hours into it now.

- Joe

Einreb
Old
(Last edited by Einreb; 29th July 2014 at 08:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
How did you manage to get it bricked?Have you tried flashing your original firmware thru Odin?Maybe problems with USB drivers.Try re-installing Samsung Mobile usb drivers and un-install Kies 3 if its in your PC.I have a Mega 6.3,almost every custom rom cooked here I have flashed with success.And even stock firmwares in sammobile.com.Yes,I am from the Philippines,sure they will fix it there.
P.s.Have you ran Odin as administrator?

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Tags
mega 6.3