Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] display image fail on Galaxy Mega AFTER flashing original rom?

OP st-ban

26th August 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #11  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 245

779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-ban

it says Baseband version : UNKNOWN.

---

in the meantime, i used Kies / Tools / Firmware upgrade and initialization, i entered my phone model (SGH-I527M) and my serial number and this is what I have :

Initialized version : PDA:NE5 / PHONE:NE5 / CSC:NE5 (BMC)

Then this means that the phone must of had a OTA update to NE5 which is the newer kitkat and once you update to this you cannot go back to NA3 based rom or the MH1 based rom due to knox security has locked the bootloader from letting a person going back..if you can get kies ti work to put the NE5 based rom onto your ohone then it will operate normally again..the rom I gave you a link to will not work then it will boot the phone and all..but there is no network..wifi..and sound..I am trying at this time to get a NE5 dump of the system files but I am having problems with that at this time..if kies will not fix it then there is no fix at this time.

Sorry that I cannot help in this situation further as I cannot even update to the NE5 KK rom as my device status is custom and I cannot get it to officiak due to this knox crap..sorry about this..but I will keep looking to get this NE5 system dump files so I can make a flashable odin file out of them to help in this situation that quite a few people are in.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by starmaster10; 26th August 2014 at 06:17 AM.
28th August 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #12  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 90

444 posts
More
actually to be precize... this is what i found out and tested on my s3mini... i had it rooted and official stock and there was an update avialable for it trough odin and ota, in that time i had a virus on the pc i use (oops downloaded the first stupid link for odin 3.09) so i got stuck, and then i was tbinking something. i searched for the official stock recovery from samsung and downloaded it for my device and then i got into SuperSU and completly removed root. when done i got into my current recovery and flashed the stock recovery amd after that my system said it was official and was able to pull it ota

i dont know if it helps you just wanted to mention and share. you may not find a stock recovery so maybe pull it out of somewhere like the official firmware and download and then pull it out with a root file explorer.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to its the peanut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #13  
Flag Saskatoon

779 posts
More
I have tried that also..I had it to official status in both spots on the download page but that know warranty would always stay at 0xffffffff or something like and it still says my device is custom and you cannot get any updates and then I get that image size to big thing .but as soon as I get it to like 0x1 it works but I cannot get the update and there is no update for the kk on my carrier which is sasktel..been doing this stuff for quite a while but this newer kitkat update is sure throwing a monkey wrench into things.

But thanks for the info.

8th September 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #14  
Flag Delft

444 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

I have tried that also..I had it to official status in both spots on the download page but that know warranty would always stay at 0xffffffff or something like and it still says my device is custom and you cannot get any updates and then I get that image size to big thing .but as soon as I get it to like 0x1 it works but I cannot get the update and there is no update for the kk on my carrier which is sasktel..been doing this stuff for quite a while but this newer kitkat update is sure throwing a monkey wrench into things.

But thanks for the info.

Well dude your not the only guy with problems... Guys that have a metro pcs galaxy mega cant get kitkat either.... Should have not buyed from a carrier buddy .
Im happy that i got one from europe

9th September 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #15  
Flag Saskatoon

779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by its the peanut

Well dude your not the only guy with problems... Guys that have a metro pcs galaxy mega cant get kitkat either.... Should have not buyed from a carrier buddy .
Im happy that i got one from europe

No problem on that part as i do not really want the kk update as i just wanted it to get a system image out of it and make it odin flashable..but the rooting would be the problem on the oifficial kk..but the custom rom here on the site i can use all of them for the mega 6.3 and still have kk that way.
9th September 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #16  
Flag Delft

444 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

No problem on that part as i do not really want the kk update as i just wanted it to get a system image out of it and make it odin flashable..but the rooting would be the problem on the oifficial kk..but the custom rom here on the site i can use all of them for the mega 6.3 and still have kk that way.

Oops dont mind me i accidently posted on the from thread lol. I removed the comment.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread