Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGH-i527 stuck in recovery

Tip us?

smwoodward
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default SGH-i527 stuck in recovery

I've got a SGH-i527 that when I turn it on it goes into Odin mode with the yellow triangle saying there was a problem with the upgrade and to connect it to Kies. Kies 3 will not work with it, and if I open Kies 2 it says it's connecting forever.

If I hold down volume and home button and start it up, and try to use Odin3 with AutoReboot and F. Reset Time check and flash I527UCUAMK2_I527ATTAMK2_I527UCUAMK2_HOME.tar.md5 it errors out and the device has SW REV CHECK FAIL : Fused 4 > Binary 3.

Someone help me out here?

smwoodward
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smwoodward View Post
I've got a SGH-i527 that when I turn it on it goes into Odin mode with the yellow triangle saying there was a problem with the upgrade and to connect it to Kies. Kies 3 will not work with it, and if I open Kies 2 it says it's connecting forever.

If I hold down volume and home button and start it up, and try to use Odin3 with AutoReboot and F. Reset Time check and flash I527UCUAMK2_I527ATTAMK2_I527UCUAMK2_HOME.tar.md5 it errors out and the device has SW REV CHECK FAIL : Fused 4 > Binary 3.

Someone help me out here?
Here's a little more info that might help. I tried booting the device without holding the buttons just a second ago, and this is what is on the screen.

Image size too large! W:1080, H:1920
display image fail
Secure Fail: Kernel

smwoodward
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Ok, so I think I'm having issues because I don't have the right firmware.

From what I've been reading is that there isn't a firmware released for the i527 for AT&T correct? Or can someone point me in the direction for that ROM.

jaredb03
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smwoodward View Post
Ok, so I think I'm having issues because I don't have the right firmware.

From what I've been reading is that there isn't a firmware released for the i527 for AT&T correct? Or can someone point me in the direction for that ROM.
Have you figured anything out? Im having the same problem. Boot loop with same error when i try and run the MK2 firmware.
Current Phone: Galaxy S4
Current Tablet: iPad Air
Previous Phones: HTC One M8, HTC One M7, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s(Gold), Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, DNA, Razr HD, iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid 4, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid Pro, Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid X, iPhone 4, Acer Liquid, HTC Nexus One, Motorola Droid, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 3G, iPhone, ect...
Previous Tablets: iPad 4, Nexus 10, Galaxy Note 10.1 White, Asus Transformer Infinity, iPad 3, iPad 2, ect...

smwoodward
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
Have you figured anything out? Im having the same problem. Boot loop with same error when i try and run the MK2 firmware.
I haven't found anything. is there seriously no stock rom for this phone?

jaredb03
Old
Thanks Meter 4
From what I'm gathering there is no TAR available for 442 so we can't flash in Odin. I don't know about you but I can't get to recovery either.
Current Phone: Galaxy S4
Current Tablet: iPad Air
Previous Phones: HTC One M8, HTC One M7, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s(Gold), Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, DNA, Razr HD, iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid 4, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid Pro, Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid X, iPhone 4, Acer Liquid, HTC Nexus One, Motorola Droid, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 3G, iPhone, ect...
Previous Tablets: iPad 4, Nexus 10, Galaxy Note 10.1 White, Asus Transformer Infinity, iPad 3, iPad 2, ect...

smwoodward
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
From what I'm gathering there is no TAR available for 442 so we can't flash in Odin. I don't know about you but I can't get to recovery either.
I can get it into download mode. How do you get it into recovery?

chapelfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I'm having the same problem as well. I'm trying to fix my friends phone, their phone randomly shut off during a system update.
Current Phone:
Black Nexus 5 32GB
Multirom
Rom1: Miui v5
Kernel: ElementalX
Rom2: Stock 4.4.4

Previous Phones:
Galaxy SIII (Gave to wife since Xperia TL died)
Samsung Galaxy S II (exchanged for Sony Xperia TL -> gave to wife)
Windows phone Samsung Focus S sold for Galaxy SII
Samsung Infuse (destroyed by forklift)
HTC Desire (retired)
Motorola Droid (returned)
LG feature phone

wfielectronics
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapelfreak View Post
I'm having the same problem as well. I'm trying to fix my friends phone, their phone randomly shut off during a system update.
I have 2 megas in my shop right now that the same thing happened to them. Now they cannot be restored through ODIN and Kies says that the model/SN is incorrect.