MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

Galaxy Mega 6.3 That can be Modded

4th July 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I have a really dumb question.

I love playing around with Android phones and installing CWM, ROMs and so on.

I have an AT&T Mega 6.3 and the issue is, I cannot do ANYTHING to this guy. Now that I'm on 4.4 I cannot even ROOT lol..

I see there are some AMAZING ROMs for the Mega i9200 but they will NOT flash on my AT&T Mega.

Question is: What Carrier or Version of the Mega should I buy so that I can have my fun playing? Or, is there a way to CRACK this AT&T version that I am missing?

If it even matters, I use mine on Straight Talk and don't care about any warranty.
5th July 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromuscle

I have a really dumb question.

I love playing around with Android phones and installing CWM, ROMs and so on.

I have an AT&T Mega 6.3 and the issue is, I cannot do ANYTHING to this guy. Now that I'm on 4.4 I cannot even ROOT lol..

I see there are some AMAZING ROMs for the Mega i9200 but they will NOT flash on my AT&T Mega.

Question is: What Carrier or Version of the Mega should I buy so that I can have my fun playing? Or, is there a way to CRACK this AT&T version that I am missing?

If it even matters, I use mine on Straight Talk and don't care about any warranty.

Either I get lucky or maybe they are different but I have a metropcs mega and I have tried every rom that is available with only one hick up. When someone calls me the screen stays black no matter what I do until they hang up, if i do get the screen on nothing happens. Only with KitKat roms. My neighbor has the att version and ive installed four different roms on his without an issue.
5th July 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,018
 
1,510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetalik

Either I get lucky or maybe they are different but I have a metropcs mega and I have tried every rom that is available with only one hick up. When someone calls me the screen stays black no matter what I do until they hang up, if i do get the screen on nothing happens. Only with KitKat roms. My neighbor has the att version and ive installed four different roms on his without an issue.

You sure about that?

Please explain to everyone else that has ATT version i527, how you flashed when there is no recovery. So many inquiring minds would love to know.

As far as the i527M, which I do not have, is apparently ok to flash anything from SILESH NAIR. Dont hold my word as scripture, but I beleive only the ATT is being strangled by the locked bootloader issue.

Please correct me if I am wrong, we are all learning constantly, but if you have successfully flashed a rom on ATT version......please step over to one of the many threads created in development and share your wisdom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
5th July 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
cleveland
Thanks Meter: 5
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Lies
6th July 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
sequence otkgrmet
Ill try and snap some pictures of it with kitkat on it and recovery Monday.
8th July 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #6  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,018
 
1,510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetalik

Ill try and snap some pictures of it with kitkat on it and recovery Monday.

Still anxious to see those pics of recovery on you neighbors I527 my friend. Oh and the roms too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #7  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,018
 
1,510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Thats what I thought

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
wrong info
I take it back what I stated prior. reason I thought it was an att phone is because the guy swapped the internals with a 9205 unlocked motherboard into an att case leading me to think that it was. I apologize for the misinformation
11th July 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #9  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,018
 
1,510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetalik

I take it back what I stated prior. reason I thought it was an att phone is because the guy swapped the internals with a 9205 unlocked motherboard into an att case leading me to think that it was. I apologize for the misinformation

No apologies necessary. Just busting your chops a bit. If there was a recovery for ATT, folks wouod be all over it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes