Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Galaxy Mega Doesn't Work! Help!

Tip us?

harbiaslan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] My Galaxy Mega Doesn't Work! Help!

Hello everyone.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

Today I decided to install CM11 on my phone. When I try to install recovery with Odin it was succesfully but when the phone restarts "set warranty bit recovery "

I researched this problem on the internet, someone writed If I reinstall the original ROM (from sammobile.com) the problem would be solved.
But it was worse. Because now the phone doesnt turn on. recovery mode and downloading mode doesnt working.

How can I recover the phone please help me. If you tell us step by step..

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbiaslan View Post
Hello everyone.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

Today I decided to install CM11 on my phone. When I try to install recovery with Odin it was succesfully but when the phone restarts "set warranty bit recovery "

I researched this problem on the internet, someone writed If I reinstall the original ROM (from sammobile.com) the problem would be solved.
But it was worse. Because now the phone doesnt turn on. recovery mode and downloading mode doesnt working.

How can I recover the phone please help me. If you tell us step by step..
Hi..what model is your mega and which recovery did you use and were did you get the recovery from as the yellow warranty means that knox security is on you phone and any custom recoveries or custon roms will show this..but first have to find what model your phone is and which recovery was used.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

harbiaslan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
Hi..what model is your mega and which recovery did you use and were did you get the recovery from as the yellow warranty means that knox security is on you phone and any custom recoveries or custon roms will show this..but first have to find what model your phone is and which recovery was used.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

My phone model is Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200.. I installed TWRP..

in addition, the screen remains black, boot animation does not even come

Ntech02
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbiaslan View Post
My phone model is Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200.. I installed TWRP..

in addition, the screen remains black, boot animation does not even come
samething happened to me, but its not broken, something just happens to where you cant see the boot logo picture anymore but the backlight still comes on.

try this.
when turning on your phone go through the steps to get to download mode

then plug it into your computer you should hear it connect.

if not you dont hear the connection then either your computer volume isnt up or you
didnt follow all of the steps to enter download mode correctly.

once youve gotten to download mode flash PHILZ CWM recovery for the i9200

then reboot

when turning on your phone go through the steps to get to recovery, the phone will stay on a black screen until you reach recovery.

wipe data & factory reset.

you should be fine afterwards. although you'll still have a black screen on boot up. just install a custom/stock rom

hope this helped

harbiaslan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot for answers. I solved this problem. It was a screen problem and i changed screen of my phone. The phone is working perfect with official samsung Gt-i9200 rom which is published for Russia 4.4.2..