FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Mega 6.3 Compatible Digitizers for 4.4.2

501 posts
Thanks Meter: 472

By Oxicottin, Senior Member on 26th August 2014, 07:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th March 2015, 12:44 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audeath

Ok so all the fuss about the Synaptics controller was wrong? All that matter is the resistors count? I found one with 9 resistors for 80$CAN on ebay

dont trust ebay they'll post pictures with 9 and send you one with 10 or 12. they did it to me, just use globaldirectparts

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Dont trust ebay use globaldirectparts

17th March 2015, 03:15 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia
Thanks Meter: 472

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntech02

dont trust ebay they'll post pictures with 9 and send you one with 10 or 12. they did it to me, just use globaldirectparts

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Dont trust ebay use globaldirectparts

I agree I asked so MANY Ebay sellers and they responded surprisingly that they didn't have that 9. What I did in my question was link a picture like the one I attached so they know exactly what to look for and they responded with a no no and nope.... Dont forget you have to make sure yours is compatible for i527m...

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sgh-i527_Resistors.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	3214449  
5th April 2015, 01:05 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I replaced my at&t mega LCD screen. I ordered mine from amazon. Apparently the one I ordered was not supposed to be compatible with 4.4.2 but it seems to still work with one flaw that the touch screen sometimes will not register touch at all. 1 out of 6 times I try.
10th April 2015, 10:22 AM |#24  
Flag Rouyn-Noranda
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I checked on Globaldirectparts.com, it was 175$CAN to get the piece which is alot. I was about to click the buy button on their site when i saw that this seller http://www.ebay.ca/usr/ewirelessgear...72.m2749.l2754 had a 9 resistors piece with actual Synaptics controller. After some messaging through Ebay he told me they also have the 10 resistors one and he was well aware of the importance of those details to make our device works. I've ordered it and installed it. It just saved my device which was bricked for almost a year now and it cost me only 90$CAN. I recommend that seller to anyone stuck with compatibility issues concerning the Mega and digitizers.

Now i have a question for you, i want to sell the previous digitizer that i bought and that wasnt compatible with my i527m on ebay (well it was before the 4.4 update). So the lcd/digitizer works perfectly and mint condition 10 resistors but without Synaptics controller. Would that piece work flawlessly with any model of Mega or should i just toss it away? Cause i want to sell it but i dont want to cause trouble to an unaware customer.
Last edited by Audeath; 10th April 2015 at 10:23 AM. Reason: bad link
10th April 2015, 09:20 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
This is the place i buy from and they are cheap!

http://www.wirelesspartsinc.com/sams...t-1-1-2-1.aspx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread