Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mega 6.3 update problem

Tip us?

Khvwezd
Old
(Last edited by Khvwezd; 25th August 2014 at 07:12 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Mega 6.3 update problem

My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khvwezd View Post
My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem
Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to starmaster10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Khvwezd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
Nah it still fails at the same bit, thanks for trying though!

Khvwezd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
The phone just magically booted into 4.4.2... I have no idea what happened or how stable this is going to be but it's better than nothing!

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khvwezd View Post
The phone just magically booted into 4.4.2... I have no idea what happened or how stable this is going to be but it's better than nothing!
Sounds great..hopefully it all works good.