Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mega 6.3 update problem

Tip us?
 
Khvwezd
Old
(Last edited by Khvwezd; 25th August 2014 at 07:12 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tampere
Default [Q] Mega 6.3 update problem

My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem
 
starmaster10
Old
#2  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 242
Posts: 767
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khvwezd View Post
My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem
Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.


Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to starmaster10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Khvwezd
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tampere
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.


Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
Nah it still fails at the same bit, thanks for trying though!
 
Khvwezd
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tampere
The phone just magically booted into 4.4.2... I have no idea what happened or how stable this is going to be but it's better than nothing!
 
starmaster10
Old
#5  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 242
Posts: 767
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khvwezd View Post
The phone just magically booted into 4.4.2... I have no idea what happened or how stable this is going to be but it's better than nothing!
Sounds great..hopefully it all works good.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes