[Q] Mega 6.3 update problem

25th August 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Tampere
Thanks Meter: 20

49 posts
More
My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem
Last edited by Khvwezd; 25th August 2014 at 07:12 PM.
25th August 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 242

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khvwezd

My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem

Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to starmaster10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Tampere

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

Nah it still fails at the same bit, thanks for trying though!
25th August 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Tampere

49 posts
More
The phone just magically booted into 4.4.2... I have no idea what happened or how stable this is going to be but it's better than nothing!
26th August 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 242

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khvwezd

The phone just magically booted into 4.4.2... I have no idea what happened or how stable this is going to be but it's better than nothing!

Sounds great..hopefully it all works good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread