Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Issues Rooting mega

OP anotherjourney

5th July 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Ok so I have tried to install framaroot's latest version apk on my mega that I have running 4.2.2 However it keeps telling me install failed reason code 7? Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank You
5th July 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #2  
Kangburra's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bude
Thanks Meter: 519
 
2,039 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherjourney

Ok so I have tried to install framaroot's latest version apk on my mega that I have running 4.2.2 However it keeps telling me install failed reason code 7? Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank You

Which recovery are you using?
5th July 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #3  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,047
 
1,570 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherjourney

Ok so I have tried to install framaroot's latest version apk on my mega that I have running 4.2.2 However it keeps telling me install failed reason code 7? Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank You

And which phone are you using...... (variant)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
5th July 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

And which phone are you using...... (variant)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app


I have the galaxy mega 6.3 on ATT which is the I527 I am guessing
5th July 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,047
 
1,570 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherjourney

I have the galaxy mega 6.3 on ATT which is the I527 I am guessing

Not sure what the code 7 is, but the ATT i527 has no recovery. No recovery....no flashy.

If you are looking for root and you are still on JB 4.2, www.kingoapp.com will root your phone.
If you are upgraded to 4.4 then we have lost rooting capabilities for now.

There are several threads on this subject, please feel free to read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to captemo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes