How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Just a Question

OP Ntech02

22nd August 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
Is it possible to port a rom or create a rom for the mega that came from the touchwiz roms for the galaxy note 2, 3 or the S5?
23rd August 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,040

1,555 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntech02

Is it possible to port a rom or create a rom for the mega that came from the touchwiz roms for the galaxy note 2, 3 or the S5?

I dont know, why dont you post there and ask question

Sorry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd August 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

I dont know, why dont you post there and ask question

Sorry

because this is the Q&A section for the Galaxy Mega. so thats where i posted my question.
no need to be sorry i just need a dev to answer my question so i can elaborate as to why i asked it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ntech02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,040

1,555 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntech02

because this is the Q&A section for the Galaxy Mega. so thats where i posted my question.
no need to be sorry i just need a dev to answer my question so i can elaborate as to why i asked it.

I said sorry because I know my response was a bit A holish. But now I am sorry because I did misread you post a bit. I had not seen that little word "mega" in your post. My bad.

I am sure something could probably be done. These developers are very talented. Maybe you may want to put some more specifics in there. Which specific device or model are you wanting to port to?

25th August 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

I said sorry because I know my response was a bit A holish. But now I am sorry because I did misread you post a bit. I had not seen that little word "mega" in your post. My bad.

I am sure something could probably be done. These developers are very talented. Maybe you may want to put some more specifics in there. Which specific device or model are you wanting to port to?

It's okay.
& i own the i9200 , i was hoping to see some galaxy note or galaxy s4/5 based rom for it.
i know theres the Megakat/Fire rom but i like seeing more.

plus its a bummer i cant use stock kitkat for my mega.
my screen broke a while back & when i replaced it my touch screen stopped working with touchwiz kitkat .
so i had to resort to using custom roms. and i still cant find out how to fix the issue
Last edited by Ntech02; 25th August 2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added more detail & corrected spelling
25th August 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 243

767 posts
More
I think myself that it is a driver issue..as replacement screens work with like say the i527m (Canadian version) of the mega on MH1 original firmware and when updated to the NA3 firmware which has knox crap in it the screen still works..but as soon as you go to NE5 firmware (KK) the screen stops responding.

I think they left out some driver/s on purpose so that you have to buy an original screen from then as the driver would only work with that screen..there must be a way to get maybe these other drivers or driver to allow an aftermarket screen..but I am not sure were these driver/s are hiding...going to take a look around and see what I can come with up on these driver/s if possible.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by starmaster10; 26th August 2014 at 03:14 AM.
26th August 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

I think myself that it is a driver issue..as replacement screens work with like say the i527m (Canadian version) of the mega on MH1 original firmware and when updated to the NA3 firmware which has knox crap in it the screen still works..but as soon as you go to NE5 firmware (KK) the screen stops responding.

I think they left out some driver/s on purpose so that you have to buy an original screen from then as the driver would only work with that screen..there must be a way to get maybe these other drivers or driver to allow an aftermarket screen..but I am not sure were these driver/s are hiding...going to take a look around and see what I can come with up on these driver/s if possible.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah I find that to be weird that they'd leave out drivers like that. But there are few people online that do sell official screens it'd just be hard trying to figure out whether you'll be wasting your money or not.
Please let me know what you find out about the drivers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread