Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replaced screen and bezel now in bootloop

Tip us?

Oxicottin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 469
Default Replaced screen and bezel now in bootloop

I replaced screen today but for some reason I am only getting the Galaxy Mega boot screen then it vibrates twice and loops and I have to do a battery pull in order to turn it off. I cant get into recovery it does the same thing but it says recovery in top corner. I tried taking back off and just removing screen ribbon and connecting old screen and it boots right up so I left it on and popped the ribbon cable and reattached the new one and it showed perfectly so I kept powered up and put back together. I messed for it a bit and tried to do a factory reset and bam boot loop again. Any ideas?

Note: this phone isn't rooted or anything.....
RETIRED: Captivate I897
RETIRED: Galaxy Note I717
CURRENT: Galaxy Note II I317

* 【100+ Captivate I897 ♦ I9000 ♦ CM7/MIUI ♦ ICS】+【Google Location Map】

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxicottin View Post
I replaced screen today but for some reason I am only getting the Galaxy Mega boot screen then it vibrates twice and loops and I have to do a battery pull in order to turn it off. I cant get into recovery it does the same thing but it says recovery in top corner. I tried taking back off and just removing screen ribbon and connecting old screen and it boots right up so I left it on and popped the ribbon cable and reattached the new one and it showed perfectly so I kept powered up and put back together. I messed for it a bit and tried to do a factory reset and bam boot loop again. Any ideas?

Note: this phone isn't rooted or anything.....
Hey, check out this link, http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...phone-t2817813. It has been discussed before.
The Following User Says Thank You to jzsidebott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Oxicottin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzsidebott View Post
Hey, check out this link, http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...phone-t2817813. It has been discussed before.
Well they say with 4.4 new screens don't work and I have seen youtube videos that do. Thanks for the links....
RETIRED: Captivate I897
RETIRED: Galaxy Note I717
CURRENT: Galaxy Note II I317

* 【100+ Captivate I897 ♦ I9000 ♦ CM7/MIUI ♦ ICS】+【Google Location Map】