Replaced screen and bezel now in bootloop

OP Oxicottin

24th August 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia
Thanks Meter: 470

488 posts
More
I replaced screen today but for some reason I am only getting the Galaxy Mega boot screen then it vibrates twice and loops and I have to do a battery pull in order to turn it off. I cant get into recovery it does the same thing but it says recovery in top corner. I tried taking back off and just removing screen ribbon and connecting old screen and it boots right up so I left it on and popped the ribbon cable and reattached the new one and it showed perfectly so I kept powered up and put back together. I messed for it a bit and tried to do a factory reset and bam boot loop again. Any ideas?

Note: this phone isn't rooted or anything.....
24th August 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxicottin

I replaced screen today but for some reason I am only getting the Galaxy Mega boot screen then it vibrates twice and loops and I have to do a battery pull in order to turn it off. I cant get into recovery it does the same thing but it says recovery in top corner. I tried taking back off and just removing screen ribbon and connecting old screen and it boots right up so I left it on and popped the ribbon cable and reattached the new one and it showed perfectly so I kept powered up and put back together. I messed for it a bit and tried to do a factory reset and bam boot loop again. Any ideas?

Note: this phone isn't rooted or anything.....

Hey, check out this link, http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...phone-t2817813. It has been discussed before.
The Following User Says Thank You to jzsidebott For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia
Thanks Meter: 470

488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzsidebott

Hey, check out this link, http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...phone-t2817813. It has been discussed before.

Well they say with 4.4 new screens don't work and I have seen youtube videos that do. Thanks for the links....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread