[Q] Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (SCH-R960) US Cellular - need debrick.img and Other INFO
First Off to the Community thank you for the great work!!!
1: How I got recovery.img with CLM (Clockwork Mod Recovery) to work with Android KitKat 4.4.2 update. I used the download links from pctech101 dump of SCH-R960 Android 4.2.2 from
teamuscellular dot com/Forum/topic/5435-samsung-galaxy-mega/page-3#entry89801
I convert the recovery.img using Caboomi's_Recovery_img2tar_odin_maker so I could flash it using Odin 3.09. This will cause
2. Then I could install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from the external SD Card using CLM recovery to root Android from here
download dot chainfire dot eu/452/SuperSU/
When you go to use SuperSU for the first time from your apps you might have to extract Superuser.apk from the zip file and reinstall it again from the SD Card and then go back to CLW recovery and reinstall the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip.
To get into CLW recovery remember you have to hold the Power Button, Volume UP button and Home Button
3. Trying to setup SCH-R960 to be used with T-Mobile using the following instructions modifying the file build.prop file in the system folder using this tutorial (I know it states for Verizon Phones)
www dot internauta37 dot altervista dot org/how-and-patch-fully-enable-gsm-verizon-cdma-phones-android
Still trying to get around the SCH-R960 not wanting to see the T-Mobile LTE SIM Card inserted. One thing if you change telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice from 1 to 0 your menu in for selecting network type will disappear.
4. I tried tinkering around unlocking the phone using DFS CDMA Tool v184.108.40.206 demo. I used SPC of 000000 and US Cellular PWD for the phone 2010031619780721 which worked stating unlocked but never could get the LTE T-Mobile SIM card to work.
Here is a list of other Samsung 16 digit passwords
www dot howardforums dot com/showthread.php/1664024-Samsung-16-digit-passwords
5. Trying to enter the hidden menus does not work with the dialer on this phone because it's disabled and you have to enable it by editing the file
\efs\carrier\HiddenMenu opening it up and changing OFF to ON or using the app ShortCut Master and it will list all hidden menus.
5. Removing Knox software from Android 4.4.2 go to Google Play store and download Titanium Backup and follow this tutorial
pakdroid dot com/2014/01/07/tutorial-remove-knox-from-your-samsung-devices-running-android-4-3/
6. Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock ROM for the SCH-R960 download
www dot mrcrab dot net/androidfirmware/SCH-R960/Samsung-Galaxy-Mega-SCH--R960.html
7. Getting to how I hard bricked my phone I used the app GalaxSimUnlock on and of course it didn't unlock the phone but I was able to make a backup of my efs image and directory using this app. While tinkering around with the hidden menu settings for the network type I reset the the phone which in turn deleted the EFS folder from my phone. So I tried restoring it with GalaxSimUnlock which of course would not restore the back up. So I tried using the tutorial of:
su -c "busybox umount -l /efs"
su -c "busybox mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p3"
su -c "busybox dd if=/sdcard/efs.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=4096"
su -c "busybox mount -w -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /efs"
Trying to restore the image which I could never get it to write the backup back to the phone. So somewhere along the way I messed up my boot loader and hard bricked the phone. I tried using the USB Jig to get it to boot into download mode but that didn't work either.
I did install the drivers for Windows 7 64bit for Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008 which is CPU download mode. I can get QPST Configuration software to see the phone and go to the menu Start Clients and select Software download but you have to have Phone Image or Boot Image in HEX. I could not find anybody on the web that talked about debricking the phone this way. But might be a viable way to mod the boot loader or downgrade.
Qualcomm Krait 300
They talk a little bit about debricking here using this and the drivers
forum dot cyanogenmod dot org/topic/71825-hard-brick-to-hell-and-back-guide-to-recovery/page__st__40
So my next step would be using the SD Card debrick method if some kind person could create a debrick.img for the SCH-R960 running Android KitKat 4.4.2.
Thanks ahead of time for your help!!!