Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unable to install CWM on Mega 6.3

OP Ch3rub

25th July 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
HI All

I'm wondering if you guys have seen similar problem. I have currently rooted stock ROM on my Mega but want to install CWM so I can take a backup of the system and try out CyanogenMOD11.

Yet, when I try flashing CWM with Odin it looks like this:

<ID:0/012> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/012> recovery.img
<ID:0/012> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/012> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/012> RES OK !!
<ID:0/012> Removed!!
<ID:0/012> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

At this point phone reboots and when I go to recovery - there is no CWM

I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
25th July 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bude
Thanks Meter: 519

2,039 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would suggest you try this http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...sltexx.tar.md5 assuming you have the GT-I9205 of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kangburra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangburra

I would suggest you try this _link_ assuming you have the GT-I9205 of course.

I will try that, thanks for suggestion
29th July 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
So I tried the above but have same thing happening.

Everything looks as if it's working OK. Odin picks up the phone, I load the image in PDA.
Have Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time enabled (only).

I hit the start button and it's VERY fast - literally few seconds and I get blue RESET! in the top box in Odin.
What's interesting is that after another two minutes Odin will change to PASS!

But that's looong after my phone booted back to normal operation mode, it will also change to PASS even if I have disconnected my phone

Any suggestions anyone?

==== UPDATE ===

What I also noticed is that after I boot to recovery I'm getting ERROR and NO COMMAND - they will flash on the screen and instead of usual Android Robot I have one on it's side with red exclamation mark over it.
No Command and this point is displayed below the "robot".

This is really irritating
Last edited by Ch3rub; 29th July 2014 at 05:14 PM.
29th July 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #5  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 246

780 posts
More
One thing when you are flashing a custom recovery on the mega is once you are done flashing with odin you MUST reboot the phone directly into the recovery mode again for like CWM to appear otherwise if you do not do this the stock recovery will be back, this only has to be done once when you first flash a custom recovery..then it will be okay after that.

And with odin that does the same thing for me it says RESET but it still works and after it will say PASS when the phone is disconnected already, not sure why odin does this but seems to have no effect on the flashing part...hope this helps you out.
The Following User Says Thank You to starmaster10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

One thing when you are flashing a custom recovery on the mega is once you are done flashing with odin you MUST reboot the phone directly into the recovery mode again for like CWM to appear otherwise if you do not do this the stock recovery will be back, this only has to be done once when you first flash a custom recovery..then it will be okay after that.

And with odin that does the same thing for me it says RESET but it still works and after it will say PASS when the phone is disconnected already, not sure why odin does this but seems to have no effect on the flashing part...hope this helps you out.

That was is!
Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

I've all the same options in Odin but when it auto-rebooted my phone I have quickly pressed the the buttons for going to recovery and that worked. When powering off from recovery I was given an option to disable stock recovery and now it's all as intended.

THANKS!
30th July 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #7  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 246

780 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3rub

That was is!
Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

I've all the same options in Odin but when it auto-rebooted my phone I have quickly pressed the the buttons for going to recovery and that worked. When powering off from recovery I was given an option to disable stock recovery and now it's all as intended.

THANKS!

You are welcome.
1st August 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3rub

So I tried the above but have same thing happening.

Everything looks as if it's working OK. Odin picks up the phone, I load the image in PDA.
Have Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time enabled (only).

I hit the start button and it's VERY fast - literally few seconds and I get blue RESET! in the top box in Odin.
What's interesting is that after another two minutes Odin will change to PASS!

But that's looong after my phone booted back to normal operation mode, it will also change to PASS even if I have disconnected my phone

Any suggestions anyone?

==== UPDATE ===

What I also noticed is that after I boot to recovery I'm getting ERROR and NO COMMAND - they will flash on the screen and instead of usual Android Robot I have one on it's side with red exclamation mark over it.
No Command and this point is displayed below the "robot".

This is really irritating

I got same problem when i flashed cwm by phil with odin, what i did is to uncheck autoreboot in odin so after odin finish flash recovery image you need to turn off manually by long pressing power button, and then just boot into recovery, reboot system now and select yes disable stock recovery when prompted by cwm.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app
4th August 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #9  
Flag xda Texas
Thanks Meter: 321

1,566 posts
This does not work for me?

SPH-L600 (Sprint) Galaxy mega
Android: 4.2.2
Baseband: L600vpubne4
Build: KOT49H.L600VPUBNE4

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread