Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install CWM on Mega 6.3

Tip us?

Ch3rub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Unable to install CWM on Mega 6.3

HI All

I'm wondering if you guys have seen similar problem. I have currently rooted stock ROM on my Mega but want to install CWM so I can take a backup of the system and try out CyanogenMOD11.

Yet, when I try flashing CWM with Odin it looks like this:

<ID:0/012> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/012> recovery.img
<ID:0/012> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/012> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/012> RES OK !!
<ID:0/012> Removed!!
<ID:0/012> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

At this point phone reboots and when I go to recovery - there is no CWM

I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Kangburra
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
I would suggest you try this http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...sltexx.tar.md5 assuming you have the GT-I9205 of course.
CWM Recovery for GT-I9205

SILENTLIGHT ROM for GT-I9205

Latest Stock ROM for GT-I9205/9200
The Following User Says Thank You to Kangburra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ch3rub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangburra View Post
I would suggest you try this _link_ assuming you have the GT-I9205 of course.
I will try that, thanks for suggestion

Ch3rub
Old
(Last edited by Ch3rub; 29th July 2014 at 04:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So I tried the above but have same thing happening.

Everything looks as if it's working OK. Odin picks up the phone, I load the image in PDA.
Have Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time enabled (only).

I hit the start button and it's VERY fast - literally few seconds and I get blue RESET! in the top box in Odin.
What's interesting is that after another two minutes Odin will change to PASS!

But that's looong after my phone booted back to normal operation mode, it will also change to PASS even if I have disconnected my phone

Any suggestions anyone?

==== UPDATE ===

What I also noticed is that after I boot to recovery I'm getting ERROR and NO COMMAND - they will flash on the screen and instead of usual Android Robot I have one on it's side with red exclamation mark over it.
No Command and this point is displayed below the "robot".

This is really irritating

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 242
One thing when you are flashing a custom recovery on the mega is once you are done flashing with odin you MUST reboot the phone directly into the recovery mode again for like CWM to appear otherwise if you do not do this the stock recovery will be back, this only has to be done once when you first flash a custom recovery..then it will be okay after that.

And with odin that does the same thing for me it says RESET but it still works and after it will say PASS when the phone is disconnected already, not sure why odin does this but seems to have no effect on the flashing part...hope this helps you out.
The Following User Says Thank You to starmaster10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ch3rub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
One thing when you are flashing a custom recovery on the mega is once you are done flashing with odin you MUST reboot the phone directly into the recovery mode again for like CWM to appear otherwise if you do not do this the stock recovery will be back, this only has to be done once when you first flash a custom recovery..then it will be okay after that.

And with odin that does the same thing for me it says RESET but it still works and after it will say PASS when the phone is disconnected already, not sure why odin does this but seems to have no effect on the flashing part...hope this helps you out.
That was is!
Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

I've all the same options in Odin but when it auto-rebooted my phone I have quickly pressed the the buttons for going to recovery and that worked. When powering off from recovery I was given an option to disable stock recovery and now it's all as intended.

THANKS!

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3rub View Post
That was is!
Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

I've all the same options in Odin but when it auto-rebooted my phone I have quickly pressed the the buttons for going to recovery and that worked. When powering off from recovery I was given an option to disable stock recovery and now it's all as intended.

THANKS!
You are welcome.

SkyQaz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3rub View Post
So I tried the above but have same thing happening.

Everything looks as if it's working OK. Odin picks up the phone, I load the image in PDA.
Have Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time enabled (only).

I hit the start button and it's VERY fast - literally few seconds and I get blue RESET! in the top box in Odin.
What's interesting is that after another two minutes Odin will change to PASS!

But that's looong after my phone booted back to normal operation mode, it will also change to PASS even if I have disconnected my phone

Any suggestions anyone?

==== UPDATE ===

What I also noticed is that after I boot to recovery I'm getting ERROR and NO COMMAND - they will flash on the screen and instead of usual Android Robot I have one on it's side with red exclamation mark over it.
No Command and this point is displayed below the "robot".

This is really irritating
I got same problem when i flashed cwm by phil with odin, what i did is to uncheck autoreboot in odin so after odin finish flash recovery image you need to turn off manually by long pressing power button, and then just boot into recovery, reboot system now and select yes disable stock recovery when prompted by cwm.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

Gabriel51
Old
Thanks Meter 307
This does not work for me?

SPH-L600 (Sprint) Galaxy mega
Android: 4.2.2
Baseband: L600vpubne4
Build: KOT49H.L600VPUBNE4