Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SPH-l600 4.4.2 OTA/Flash leaves me with no OS.

Tip us?
 
zay2046
Old
(Last edited by zay2046; 6th July 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Tablet [Q] SPH-l600 4.4.2 OTA/Flash leaves me with no OS.

A couple weeks ago sprint sent the OTA for the SPH-l600. Well short story it left me with no OS and stuck in a boot loop. I had to quick start my education in custom roms because all other options to get my phone back to stock were out. The thing is i tried so many times to flash the NE4 update to my phone to get back on stock since i can not downgrade but when ever i do i get boot looped again with no OS. I searched the forum and haven't found a solution for this problem. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated and i apologize for posting a new thread if there is a fix already posted. thanks in advance.
 
bensey
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay2046 View Post
A couple weeks ago sprint sent the OTA for the SPH-l600. Well short story it left me with no OS and stuck in a boot loop. I had to quick start my education in custom roms because all other options to get my phone back to stock were out. The thing is i tried so many times to flash the NE4 update to my phone to get back on stock since i can not downgrade but when ever i do i get boot looped again with no OS. I searched the forum and haven't found a solution for this problem. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated and i apologize for posting a new thread if there is a fix already posted. thanks in advance.

Are you still having this issue, did you find a solution? The same issue happened to me and I've everything I can to get it back. The phone even went into KNOX 0x1 after the install.
 
zay2046
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensey View Post
Are you still having this issue, did you find a solution? The same issue happened to me and I've everything I can to get it back. The phone even went into KNOX 0x1 after the install.

i have not found a solution as of yet. I have found a stock recovery that I flashed and it works but its not helping the situation after trying to adb the NE4 .img files. I even tried TWRP sideload. I unzipped the NE4 update but the files just don't seem to work. I downloaded over and over again but it just wont in install. And yes i also went into KNOX 0x1 after that OTA. I am Trying to find a way to flash the boot.img from the 4.4.2 Firmware. tried a few methods that haven't worked. hopefully i can piece the missing parts together and see what i come with. there seems to be no DEV's for the SPH-l600 so im on trial and error. I have my phone up so I can still do the normal. Just want my lte and spark back. My Navi's been crap every since.
 
bensey
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay2046 View Post
i have not found a solution as of yet. I have found a stock recovery that I flashed and it works but its not helping the situation after trying to adb the NE4 .img files. I even tried TWRP sideload. I unzipped the NE4 update but the files just don't seem to work. I downloaded over and over again but it just wont in install. And yes i also went into KNOX 0x1 after that OTA. I am Trying to find a way to flash the boot.img from the 4.4.2 Firmware. tried a few methods that haven't worked. hopefully i can piece the missing parts together and see what i come with. there seems to be no DEV's for the SPH-l600 so im on trial and error. I have my phone up so I can still do the normal. Just want my lte and spark back. My Navi's been crap every since.

Can you tell me what you did and used to get the recovery to work? I have tried everything possible and still only getting to the Samsung Mega screen, then it reboots. I can't even get into a stock recovery I have to flash philz , but still no luck
 
zay2046
Old
(Last edited by zay2046; 10th July 2014 at 06:39 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensey View Post
Can you tell me what you did and used to get the recovery to work? I have tried everything possible and still only getting to the Samsung Mega screen, then it reboots. I can't even get into a stock recovery I have to flash philz , but still no luck

I've been using philz too. Here is the recovery. I flashed it with Odin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery.tar.md5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (241 Bytes, 14 views)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes