[Q] Water Mark (Patch) on phone LCD, Need urgent help
I have been searching on this forum for various things for couple of years and never had the need to register until now, My Phone (Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9200) fell in water last week, not fully submerged, just the top of it for few seconds, i immediately pulled it out and have done the following as suggested by many in this same forum:
1. Dried in dry cloth and kept to dry for 1-2hrs
2. put the phone in a air tight container with unboiled rice for 4 days
3. put the phone in a air tight container with desiccant for 3 days
I have put some pictures and you can see the water level has gradually come down from the LCD screen and the cloud patch is somewhat gone and as you can see in the last image, that is what exists and this is not going at all, I have tried vaccum cleaner hot air for 3-5 mins but no luck.
Today i walked to samsung service center and they said i had voided the warranty which is obvious and the phone LCD replacement would cost $120 including labor, however there is one risk which they dont want to take, during the replacement of LCD, if the phone doesnt come alive, then i am stuck with a dead phone for life, I didnt agree to this and walked from there.
All the sensors including cameras work perfectly fine, no issues at all, *#0*# runs with all built-in function absolutely fine, even the battery has no issues and no bulging or no drop in performance and doesnt get heated up, so, here is my question:
1. As you can see the picture, the water level gradually came down, but stuck somewhat in the middle, will this eventually go away like the rest of the water patch or will it stick to LCD like a stain permanently ?
2. If its temporary, how do i remove the water which is in the middle of the screen? I have kept almost a week in dessicant and rice, should i continue or should i try something else ?
3. The last option for me: If this is going to be permanent, anyway to replace the phone LCD without damaging the phone, I dont understand samsung service center asking customer to take risk for water damage inspite of me agreeing to pay the money for the LCD replacement, not fair i guess....b.w all phone functionality could be lost in this case which is working perfectly fine.
so, guys pls suggest me how i can fix this, its a new phone 1 month old and i am feeling very sad for what happened....
Appreciate your replies
Thanks & Regards