Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] media player that plays internet radio from local playlist files?

Tip us?

ohnonot
Old
(Last edited by ohnonot; 22nd July 2014 at 01:02 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] media player that plays internet radio from local playlist files?

dear folks,
i'm getting desperate here; have been searching for & trying out different media players without success.
i installed unofficial stable CM10.1 on my mini (but i had the same problem when i had cm7.2 on it) and i simply cannot find an app that opens .pls and .m3u files!!!

background: i have a large collection of playlist files containing URL's to online radio streaming (see attachment for example). those have always worked on my local computer (linux) and i don't see why this should be so hard with android.
some apps open the files but don't play anything
the only app i found so far that could play them was xiia player, but it kept crashing my phone.
there's servestream on f-droid, it can import url's from a playlist file, but it keeps stuttering, i don't know why.

any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: txt beatblender.txt - [Click for QR Code] (176 Bytes, 5 views)

ohnonot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
*bump*

i've tried a few more apps but still XiiaLive seems to be the only one that does it, and i am not happy with this application.

i know there's many internet radio and media player apps out there with shoutcast support and whatnot, but so far i haven't found a decent/simple one that can open .pls files like in my attachment.
even vlc cannot do it (which left me with my mouth hanging open. i don't understand)!

i saw that mplayer had been available for android for a while, but had to be dropped because of license problems...

what am i missing here?

-dlink-
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
There aren't, simple. Maked same your search and no one works in that way.
Tags
stream internet radio app