Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] media player that plays internet radio from local playlist files?

OP ohnonot

22nd July 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
dear folks,
i'm getting desperate here; have been searching for & trying out different media players without success.
i installed unofficial stable CM10.1 on my mini (but i had the same problem when i had cm7.2 on it) and i simply cannot find an app that opens .pls and .m3u files!!!

background: i have a large collection of playlist files containing URL's to online radio streaming (see attachment for example). those have always worked on my local computer (linux) and i don't see why this should be so hard with android.
some apps open the files but don't play anything
the only app i found so far that could play them was xiia player, but it kept crashing my phone.
there's servestream on f-droid, it can import url's from a playlist file, but it keeps stuttering, i don't know why.

any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: txt beatblender.txt - [Click for QR Code] (176 Bytes, 5 views)
Last edited by ohnonot; 22nd July 2014 at 02:02 PM.
24th July 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
*bump*

i've tried a few more apps but still XiiaLive seems to be the only one that does it, and i am not happy with this application.

i know there's many internet radio and media player apps out there with shoutcast support and whatnot, but so far i haven't found a decent/simple one that can open .pls files like in my attachment.
even vlc cannot do it (which left me with my mouth hanging open. i don't understand)!

i saw that mplayer had been available for android for a while, but had to be dropped because of license problems...

what am i missing here?
25th July 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
There aren't, simple. Maked same your search and no one works in that way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stream internet radio app
Previous Thread Next Thread