Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 47,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] best headphones for galaxy nexus

Tip us?

babymatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho2097 View Post
Any help here?
Is the sms street by50 any good or just bloated overpriced **** like the beats ones?How about the soul sl99/49? i m lookin 2 replace my s4....

If you're looking for a good upgrade for your s4's, go with the s10i. You won't regret it.
Nexus 5

Stock Rooted 4.4.3

Baseband 2.0.50.1.13

d-iivil
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Shure's 525, use them at my work and off-work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kalavere
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nexus Project View Post
Beats Tours are hands down the best in ear headphones on the market

Sent from my i9250 (GSM) Galaxy Nexus.
Phazenine@Twitter
A lot of people on Amazon would disagree. I've played with some Beats headphones and Ill be honest, I think it's all hype.

Samsung Note 3 - X-Note v15.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kalavere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhagiratha
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Those are the ones I use. They might be inexpensive, but they are very powerful. Great bass and clear sound clarity.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HA-FX1X-Xt...4682131&sr=8-1
Xperia Z2_D6503 [White]
Stock ROM

Carrier: Straight Talk

[URL="http://inselfyoga.com/index.php/[/URL]

j.go
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictate View Post
I'm a huge fan of Etymotic for overall accuracy. Those who enjoy heavy bass may not like them, and the depth in which most of their IEMs insert can also be invasive at first. They are, hands down, the best passive isolating IEMs I've ever used.

I use the HF2s with Monster supertips (Probably the only thing I'd ever buy Monster branded) for better fit, however I also have experience with the older ER6is. I may be picking up a pair of MC5s to demo as well.
I love my ER6is. Considering they're one of the best bang-for-buck earphones around, I'm surprised they aren't mentioned more often. But I suspect people like me who prefer the clean flat response of etymotic are more of an exception than the rule.

bbbacon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For In-Ear-Monitors, I will have to put in another vote for Etymotics. I have a pair of the ER6's and a pair of the ER4P's. Both offer excellent sound quality and great isolation.

For Open Cans, my vote has to go to Grado. I have a set of SR80's that I use at work. At home I have a pair of 325i's that are fantastic as well, but I use them with an external DAC and home built tube amp. I have yet to pair the 325i's with my GN, although I have a 1/4" to 1/8" converter in case I have the "need". As with all open cans, there is absolutely NO isolation for you or your neighbors on public transportation.

babymatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 720
Also another good one i've tried are the Bowers & Wilkins C5. Rich overall sound clarity.
Nexus 5

Stock Rooted 4.4.3

Baseband 2.0.50.1.13

Dictate
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbacon View Post
For In-Ear-Monitors, I will have to put in another vote for Etymotics. I have a pair of the ER6's and a pair of the ER4P's. Both offer excellent sound quality and great isolation.

For Open Cans, my vote has to go to Grado. I have a set of SR80's that I use at work. At home I have a pair of 325i's that are fantastic as well, but I use them with an external DAC and home built tube amp. I have yet to pair the 325i's with my GN, although I have a 1/4" to 1/8" converter in case I have the "need". As with all open cans, there is absolutely NO isolation for you or your neighbors on public transportation.
I think jumping from the nice flat and accurate etys to colorful grados would be a bit of a change. Hell, going from my hf2s to my hd555s is a huge difference. Definitely want to try some grados, however, they can be a bit difficult to find in Canada.

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

psycho2097
Old
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo View Post
If you're looking for a good upgrade for your s4's, go with the s10i. You won't regret it.
so i cheaped out, but got a decent deal nonetheless. MEElectronics cc51 for 29.99 @ Newegg(deal going on, regular price is 49.99). These are reportedly excellent earphones, with pretty good bass n awesome ceramic construction, with inline remote and mic. Deal valid till 18th Apr(today). I read a lot of reviews on these, sound quality is purportedly better than the s4(supposedly, i dont think anything can be better! ) and on par with shure se215s. Get it while still hot.

Plus i have 2 day shoprunner!!! WIN!
HOX 32gb, Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7 16GB
History-Note 2, Galaxy Nexus i9250, Captivate, TF101,HTC HD2,Nook Color,

This is my Nexus. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Nexus is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Nexus is useless. Without my Nexus, I am useless.

question.com
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Lmao at beats being the best on the market. Wow

I'm currently using the a jays one+ so far so good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to question.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]