Best portable battery?

OP Luuthian

28th April 2012, 03:49 AM   |  #11  
Flag Maui
Thanks Meter: 104

302 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71

after hours of my own research I also bought the Anker Slimtalk. I dont travel enough to need one that is huge and can charge my phone 8 times. This seems small enough to toss in my pocket and not bother me since its so thin and light. For $20 and the convenience of having its built in micro usb cable sounds like a perfect little invention to get me through the day.

Exactly why I went with it. Even while traveling I'm generally within range of a car or home charger, especially now that pretty much everyone without an iPhone has a micro USB charger somewhere.

I just wish it had a built in AC adapter as well but I'm sure the size would increase by quite a bit. Someone (iGo maybe) makes one like that but it only has about an 1100mah battery if I recall.
29th April 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

66 posts
More
I found something here in the Netherlands, and I'm not quite sure if you guys in the US have the same thing..
The thing this has going for it is it's portability. It fits in your pocket, and if you don't mind a big lump in your pockets, it even fits together with your phone.
Click over there <<< to check out the dutch website of duracell. It basically is a battery with a socket plug on it, and 2 USB outlets.

Tech. info:
Output voltage: 5 volts DC
Input voltage: 5 volts DC, max. 1 amp
Capacity: 1800 mAh

Offcourse, this is the dutch version, with the dutch socket plug, but maybe there's an US version as well?
Last edited by timmiej93; 29th April 2012 at 07:32 PM.
30th May 2012, 07:41 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

57 posts
Thanks for all the info here guys. I have that crappy Black and Decker Pocket Power from a few years back, that well, isn't living up to the charge these days, so I need something else.

Still a bit too many options, but I'm sure I'll find one that works the best.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread