Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case Wiki---Reviews | Cases for Extended Battery | Recomendations

Tip us?

mvtm
Old
(Last edited by mvtm; 6th May 2012 at 01:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadajawi View Post
Yeah, I have looked at SGP. But I think one review said SGP cases weren't meant to offer drop protection? Scratches I don't care about (not much at least... you should see my Magic!). But a not functioning phone would be bad. If the Neo or Ultra Hybrid to offer good drop protection that would be good.
I dont think they will offer good drop protection...
At least the Ultra Hybrid, its more of a stylish/slim case. When i use my phone with the Ultra i am aware i have to treat it carefully. I feel that if i drop it , lets say to the floor really hard ... the result wont be good.

BUT,
Rest in peace that with my CruzerLite TPU A2 cases... i am super relaxed. I have dropped the phone, to the floor.. several times and i am always confident nothing happens to it, because the case works and its really good absorbing impact. Even if it lands with the front side, ... the lip makes a really good job on not letting it have contact with anything else!!!

I just have the Ultra to change cases and feel... i have lots of TPU so the ultra is when i just want a rest from the TPU feel. I enjoy the feel in hand plus the buttons.... feels better to click my Ultra Hybrid buttons than my stock Gnex. I love them!

Grip is also much better in the A2, so its a personal choice. I think the better value and wisest choice if you want style and proctetion... ill hand it to the CruzerLite A2. If you want something more high quality and slimmer. (If you have a GSM and stock battery), Ultra Hybrid will work as a charm.. I just wanted to try the SGP brand...

Whatever you do its just a case!, Both choices are much better than the average. You can't go wrong with these 2.
2007-2009: iPhone 8GB 2G
2009-2011: HTC Nexus One
2011-2012: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
2012-2013: Samsung Galaxy Note II
2013-2014: Samsung Galaxy S4
Current: LG G3 D855 32GB/3GB in Shine Gold + Galaxy Gear

chili_red
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I just got the Seidio Active case and holster and they are still my favorite, not too thin and not too thick and still offer plenty of protection.
I'll be putting up a couple new Otterbox Defender cases for the Nexus in the market sometime later this week.

Coderedpl
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
So I've had the otterbox defender with the belt clip for a while now, got it a few days after I bought my Galaxy Nexus and I'm honestly getting a wee-bit tired of the bulkiness BUT I LOVE the protection. I've dropped my phone MANY MANY times and it's still like new.

So now I'm looking for something different with a belt-clip or I just might have to figure out a way to carry my phone with me without the belt-clip.

Mr_Hanneman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got Diztronic Matte Back Black rev.3 and looks amazing with samsung extended battery.Very thin, seems made for extended battery

carolinaguy99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can confirm that the Verizon Shell / Holster (Snap-On Hardshell) -- Holster and kickstand works for the GSM model. I have it on my play store variant as we speak. Had one of these on my incredible s and liked it, so went to my local VZW to see if this would fit the gsm.... sure enough, like a glove!

nbell13
Old
(Last edited by nbell13; 11th May 2012 at 03:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 185
I bought the SGP Neo Hybrid and cut the stupid rubber back out with my stupidly sharp knife, so now I have a bumper :)

Looks awesome, not too slippery, pretty much just like the Neo Hybrid EX I had on my Galaxy SII.
Google Nexus 5

stratoox
Old
Thanks Meter 3
carbon skin is safe?

asianrage
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbell13 View Post
I bought the SGP Neo Hybrid and cut the stupid rubber back out with my stupidly sharp knife, so now I have a bumper :)

Looks awesome, not too slippery, pretty much just like the Neo Hybrid EX I had on my Galaxy SII.
Are you using it on a VZW version? or the GSM version?

dylyxcore
Old
Thanks Meter 43
What are you guys using for GSM with Samsung extended battery (2000mah)? I bought the casemate barely there for the I515 (Verizon) to see if it fits snug; loved that case on my Nexus One.

Current:
Nexus 5
EHNDROIX V
ElementalX

Intel i7 970 4.0 OC
Asus / Nvidia / G.Skill

Retired:
T-Mobile Galaxy Note II
Google Nexus 7 (2012)
GSM Galaxy Nexus
HP Touchpad
HTC Nexus One
HTC G1

Google+
Instagram
Tumblr

GatorsUF
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Anyone try this case with the extended battery?

http://www.amazon.com/Items-Combo-Pr...189859&sr=1-54