XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Digital Audio Speaker Docks for Jellybean/Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

kenjiwing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Digital Audio Speaker Docks for Jellybean/Galaxy Nexus

Do these exist? I remember reading this article a month or two ago about jelly bean allowing digital audio over USB so there should be full docks now.

Anyone know of some good ones?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/30/g...n-at-google-i/

Gucci.Nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 18
+1

--------------
Thanks to the Devs hard work and the power of sharing!

aksolanki
Old
(Last edited by aksolanki; 28th August 2012 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiwing View Post
Do these exist? I remember reading this article a month or two ago about jelly bean allowing digital audio over USB so there should be full docks now.

Anyone know of some good ones?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/30/g...n-at-google-i/
Hi kenjiwing, the standard SAMSUNG POGO pin dock for the GNEX,

outputs digital audio via the 3.5mm jack at the rear of the dock.

It output's optical as well as standard analog (non-optical) digital using the appropriate cable.

You of course also get standard line out for hooking up straight to an amp. The socket at the rear is not a headphone jack as so many reviews have called it. And no one to my knowledge has mentioned it can output optical digital.

I'm not sure if this answers your question. At the very least you might be more informed about what this dock can do. Optical digital from your phone? Amazing stuff.

Have fun. Anil
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aksolanki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rptw
Old
Thanks Meter 35
the one the OP is talking about plays audio over USB and can technically be used for any device where as the dock is specific to the nexus

aksolanki
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by rptw View Post
the one the OP is talking about plays audio over USB and can technically be used for any device where as the dock is specific to the nexus
Hi rptw, correct me if I'm wrong but this is the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forum, right? So hence my suggestion was purely for that device.

Perhaps the OP might get a more general answer posting a question in the general ANDROID Q&A forum, probably.

But still, optical digital audio from the dock for my phone. You have to agree, it's pretty incredible.

Have fun. Anil

mengsuan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I have two different USB DAC at home. I verified that Jelly Bean update did not bring USB DAC capability to the Galaxy Nexus yet.

Drewmungus
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Is it something we could make? Like hack up a usb cable and connect it to a jack.

I saw when they announced this. It's good news it would be great to have universal audio docks.

Also this isn't the first time this has been avalible. My g1 didn't have a 3.5mm jack. You had to buy micro usb headsets and female 3.5mm jacks. They worked on my HTC hero too.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus(Prime!)CDMA/LTE:CM9
HTC EVO 3D: CM7
B&N Nook Tablet:Waiting for CM7/9
HTC EVO 4G:CM7
HTC G1:CM7
HTC Hero(CDMA):CM7

Xalies
Old
(Last edited by Xalies; 30th August 2012 at 05:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
There are these docks

AS111
AS140
AS351
AS851

I know it isn't audio over USB rather over BT and uses USB to charge but still they are pretty good looking docks

mbh87
Old
Thanks Meter 1535

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengsuan View Post
I have two different USB DAC at home. I verified that Jelly Bean update did not bring USB DAC capability to the Galaxy Nexus yet.
That's because it has to be made specifically for are phone.

mengsuan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
The kernel could have supported USB DAC to make generic DAC work. Works out of the box with SGS3.