XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dynaflo LIQUID-ARMOR INVISIBLE screen protector

Tip us?

NIK516
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by snidrx View Post
haha yes! actually it was Linus led me to this product. too bad i'm having a hard time to order it online coz of shipping costs.
I love his show was just about to link lol best PC review channel ever and he is so honest. Refreshing to see a channel that is doing well but not a sell out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

nexile
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ah I like that I can actually trust linus to not be ridiculously biased. I might actually have to try this out now ;o I was pretty skeptical at first.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,892

DONATE TO ME
so after watching the Linus video I googled more about this armor and this was the #1 result for the liquid armor lol.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

xetas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You wouldn't be able to "scrape" it off. It's a micro coating, barely noticeable. I'm betting that if you did enough damage to it, the screen would damage as well. So, if you didn't want it on, just wait a few months and the coating would wear off...similar to car wax.

miaan
Old
Thanks Meter 5
fwiw its gigantic -- the difference between having a screen protector on and not, and you really begin to appreciate the way this phone looks and feels. it copes excellently with oils and other pocket dirts

time will tell if this thing works, but so far im happy

MilkPudding
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by predation View Post
but what if you want to take it off???
do you have to "scrape" it off? wouldn't the scraping action scratch the screen?
I think the whole point is there's "nothing" to take off. It's like you won't want to scrape off the paint on the phone. And it wears off over time (that's why they claim you have to reapply every few months)

I'm skeptical to how effective it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
Phone: Nexus 4

Retired Android phones:
Galaxy Nexus
T-Mo Samsung Vibrant
T-Mo MT3G
iPhone (1st gen)

tct08
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I've tried 3 different wet apply and one dry screen protector and I've been incredibly unhappy with how they looked and felt. Really the only reason I've even went for a protector is to cover up a hairline scratch I got from having my phone and sunglasses in the same pocket. I'm hoping this last product will give me the clarity of a naked screen while hopefully filling in this scratch!
HTC MyTouch 3G - Retired
HTC Droid Incredible - Retired
HTC Thunderbolt - Retired
Motorola Droid Bionic - Retired
Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Retired
Current -Google Nexus 4 and Google Nexus 10

Dakota0206
Old
Thanks Meter 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tct08 View Post
I've tried 3 different wet apply and one dry screen protector and I've been incredibly unhappy with how they looked and felt. Really the only reason I've even went for a protector is to cover up a hairline scratch I got from having my phone and sunglasses in the same pocket. I'm hoping this last product will give me the clarity of a naked screen while hopefully filling in this scratch!
Let us know how it turns out

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus.
-dakota0206

konman795
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Been using my hard shield on the phone for a little over a week now and am very satisfied with it still. I did the application twice (applied, waited 24 hours, buffed out streaks, twice) and it still looks great. That motorcycle video actually puts my mind to rest as I was skeptical about it at first myself. Taking pictures of how the hard shield looks on the phone is redundant because it looks just like the naked screen.
Nexus 5 - Rooted

peglegrook
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm curious how many coatings you'd get out of one bottle. I love the concept (if it proves to work over an extended test). But if it only lasted a 6 months or a year, I wonder if I could stomach the cost.